Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Organisation: Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI)
Funding Source: MRC (UK) and U.S. PEPFAR
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Position Code: SPO816
The Medical Research Council/ Uganda Virus Research Institute (MRC/UVRI) based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe is a bilateral multi-disciplinary research organization funded by, the Medical Research Council (UK) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Uganda under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and other donor agencies. Established in 1988, the MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS is an internationally recognized center of excellence for research on HIV infection and related diseases, contributing knowledge on the revolving epidemic, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention, and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer will lead the Procurement and the Stores departments in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent customer service/satisfaction, with a quick turnaround time ensuring cost-effective utilisation of resources at all times. The incumbent will deliver a standard 'of excellence in the procurement functions which supports end- users through a transparent and informative procurement system, which returns value for money and quality products or services to best meet the Unit standards and requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare procurement plans that will support MRC/UVRI's operations in the most cost effective and efficient manner
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure accuracy of records and accountability
- The incumbent will assess and select potential suppliers, drawing up contracts according to MRC/UVRI procedures in a way that builds long term, mutually beneficial relationships
- Oversee the management of the units various stores, ensuring that they are managed efficiently
- Take lead of the Procurement & Stores Management Department, in a manner that empowers them to deliver excellent customer service and high standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & supplies chain management, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Full Professional qualification (CIPS)
- At least three years’ experience in a busy procurement office with direct supervision of personnel.
- Previous experience working in a medical/Humanitarian or research organisation.
- Previous experience working with ERP packages, MS Office programs, office equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics-Navision; Oracle ERP system.
- Good people management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications letters, copies of academic qualifications and curriculum vitae including names, telephone contacts and email addresses of three (3) referees should be sent only via e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position code in the subject line of the email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Note that academic qualifications will be subjected to verification by the issuing institutions
Deadline: 19th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline