Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Project Name: The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
The Government of Uganda is implementing the Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III) with the primary purpose to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) at all levels of government and ensure efficient, effective and accountable use of public resources as a basis for improved service delivery. The overall objective of FINMAP is derived from the GoU PFM reform strategy for the period from July 2014 to June 2018, launched in August 2014. In line with the strategy, FINMAP aims to encourage effective service delivery through reinforcing mechanisms for budget credibility, compliance and control; and to improve financial management practices through implementation of automated financial management systems. FINMAP interventions are implemented at both central and local government levels through a number of components. The programme also has several stakeholders, including Development Partners. The implementation of FINMAP III entails a significant amount of coordination effort at all levels. This coordination requirement is met through the contracting of Staff to support specific Programme areas.
The programme is funded by the Government of Uganda as well as a number of development partners including the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom, European Union, Norway, Denmark, Germany (KFW), Sweden. There is also cooperation at various levels with the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Irish Aid.
Job Summary: The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will offer timely support in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation strategy of the programme and to participate in the timely and quality reporting on programme performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer support in the development, dissemination to the components and operationalization of the Monitoring and Evaluation framework in line with the approved format,
· Conduct quarterly monitoring of progress on implementation of component work plans and prepare Quarterly, Semi-Annual and Annual Progress Reports to the Head Monitoring and Evaluation;
· Offer timely technical support to PFM systems implementing components in the development of programme output and outcome indicators and setting realistic targets;
· Actively participate in periodic review of the programme performance indicators to ensure that they meet all indicator quality requirements;
· Analyze the data collected through the quarterly and annual progress reports to track progress on attainment of programme performance indicators and adherence to the approved work plans;
· Offer technical support to the design and management of a management information system including the analysis of results data collected during implementation;
· Provide necessary support in carrying out regular programme reviews;
· Support components in preparation of the annual and Quarterly programme work plans to ensure that all component plans are aligned with the approved four-year FINMAP III action plan and the PFM reform strategy (2014 – 2018) and within the available resources.
· Support the development and implementation of a programme wide risk and sustainability strategy
· Perform any other duty assigned from time to time
Key Performance Indicators:
· A programme M & E plan matrix;
· A functional and up to date Programme Performance Management Information System;
· Quarterly briefs on budget absorption and adherence to the approved work Plans;
· Quarterly, Semi- Annual and Annual Progress Reports;
· Updated programme wide risk matrix
· An M & E plan matrix for the designated components.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in economics, statistics Commerce or Business Administration A post-graduate training and qualification in monitoring & evaluation, Economics, Policy and Planning, project planning and management or related discipline is a must.
· A minimum of four years’ experience in planning processes, performance management, monitoring and evaluation of public sector programmes and/or projects, with a strong understanding of results-based management concepts
· Broad knowledge and understanding of management and reporting of donor funded operations.
· Good report writing, communication and presentation skills
· Previous exposure and experience/ qualification in risk management is an added advantage
· Prior experience in statistical analysis using SPSS, STATA or any relevant statistical package
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, updated CVs and copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below. Envelopes should have clear reference to the job applied for. Send to:
The Programme Coordinator,
The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III),
Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development Finance Building; 3rd Floor, Room 3.4 Plot 2/12 Apollo Kaggwa Road P 0 Box 8147, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 9th September 2016 by 1700hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline