Job Title: Senior Manager-Internal Audit
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: GM-Business Risk Management & Internal Audit
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager-Internal Audit will internally review systems and processes in MTN Uganda, and to propose and discuss improvements to achieve an effective and efficient organization. The incumbent will provide assurance by managing and coordinating auditing processes for all company operations. The jobholder is also responsible for leading the company-wide control activities and working closely with senior management to ensure that control recommendations are implemented and for all aspects of the company-wide internal control evaluation activities, including planning, coordination, risks assessments, communications of audit recommendations and control/operational implementations, coordinate with internal and external audit teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Performs advanced level and/or managerial professional internal auditing work including the following:
- Managing or conducting audit projects;
- Providing consulting services to organizational management and staff;
- Managing the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas
- Providing major input to the development of the annual audit plan and ensuring efficient and effective execution of the audit plan and amend as and when necessary
- Incorporate knowledge gained from consulting engagements into audit assignments and overall audit plan
- Managing challenges arising from prioritization of planned internal audits & other assigned projects
- Managing the performance of teams and team members evaluating the quality of the audits performed and providing necessary feedback conducting the necessary supervision and quality assurance procedures in accordance with MTN Uganda’s Internal Audit policies, procedures and methodology manuals performing the necessary human resources tasks (i.e. developing job descriptions, interview and appointment, measure and monitor performance, train, coach, supervise and counsel subordinates) skills transfer to internal auditors to ensure staff development, motivation and business continuity measuring and evaluating the adequacy of controls by:
- Developing an understanding across MTN about the adequacy and effectiveness of its control strategies, structures and systems
- Contributing to improvements in the functioning across MTN of the risk management and controls systems
- In charge of monitoring the operation of identified controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis
- To liaise with and provide assistance as appropriate to external auditors and other contractors (including outsourced auditors) in a professional manner
- Ensure the existence and ongoing adherence to the policies, procedures, methodologies and standards within the internal audit function
- Communicates the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Board of Directors.
- Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams, at management and Board meetings and with external organizations.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of the budget of the Internal Audit Function
- Provide regular feedback to line management on progress of work performed at their request
- Continuously market the Internal Audit function across the organization by maintaining productive client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts, regular meetings and road shows.
- Offer support in the preparation of audit committee papers
- Provide support to other assurance processes to ensure that the overall opinion incorporates the risks identified in the underlying processes
- Foster a culture of risk awareness within the company
- Provide input to the overall audit methodology and supporting processes to ensure compliance with the required standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors, MTN Group methodologies and International Best Practice
- To ensure that planned audits are carried out and any areas for improvement discussed and reported to senior and executive management
- Perform complex, non-standard, ad-hoc tasks as requested by the GM; Business Risk Management/IA.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the MTN Uganda Senior Manager-Internal Audit must hold a 4-year tertiary qualification / Masters advantageous
- Certification as a CIA, CPA, ACCA or CISA.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree in business administration, Auditing and Consultancy, or a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least five years in an internal audit function within a telecom environment or five years in external audit specializing in business process assurance with a reputable audit firm.
- Five years of managerial experience will be required.
- Previous experience in use of CAATs
- Prior exposure and experience in industry auditing or accounting, and in supervising and conducting audits in Information Systems and other areas pertinent to the industry.
- Strong experience in performing and leading business risk assessments as well as development and execution of audit plans
- Working with senior management and exposure to general telecom and or service industry operations
- Mobile money assurance services
- Training in; Internal audit, Fraud management, Business risk management, Internal controls, Revenue assurance/protection
- Working knowledge of internal auditing (auditing techniques and standards), accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Risk based methodologies (risk, control and auditing methodologies)
- Knowledge of Telecom industry preferable
- Mobile money assurance
- Mature personality with the highest degree of integrity and honesty
- Inquisitive with a unique eye for detail
- Exceptionally high report writing skills.
- High levels of confidentiality
- Proven planning, organization and analytical skills.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Good planning and project management abilities
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with co-workers, staff and external contacts.
- Proven leadership and competence in managing effective teams amidst challenging audit assignments
- Basic practical skills in IT auditing are critical.
- Well-developed facilitating and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and mentor teams
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 15th August, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline