Job Title: Senior Information System Auditor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager- Internal Audit
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Senior Information Systems Auditor will perform information systems audits of considerable complexity and carry out investigations into reported irregularities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out professional audit/review and provide consultancy services to management on information systems controls in MTN Uganda and give support during the financial/operational audits.
- Works under limited supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- The incumbent will make recommendations on the processes and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation
- Offers support in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Represents BRM on organizational Information Systems project teams and at management meetings.
- Performs related work as assigned by BRM management.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to IS audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect telecoms, and new auditing techniques and practices
- Establish and retain effective productive and professional relationships with other company staff through individual contacts and group meetings and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the MTN Uganda Senior Information System Auditor career opportunity must hold a 3-year degree/diploma preferably in Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer Engineering, or Telecommunications, Computer Science
- Certification as CIA, CISA or CISSP added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in area of specialization (IS auditing, business analysis, or process assurance); with experience in supervising/managing others
- Previous experience in a telecom or ISP environment
- Broad knowledge of application of information systems risk and control practices.
- Standards for the Professional Information Systems Audit and Control as developed by ISACA.
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Telecom/ISP industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Planning and project management skills
- Attained Training in: Internal Audit , Forensics, Business Risk Management and Information Systems Audit
- ITIL Processes (Change Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management etc)
- IT Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Management
- Training in GSM related technology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, (i.e. active listening skills and presenting findings and recommendations).
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and external contacts.
- Demonstration of positive independent attitude and team spirit
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Good with fraud detection and control
- Good negotiation & problem solving abilities
- Good reporting skills
- Highly developed stakeholder relations management
- Possess strategic thinking abilities
- Good listening skills
- Highly developed customer focus
- High levels of Integrity & trust
- Highly action oriented persona
- Possess a drive for results
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 15th August, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline