Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Organization: Transparency International Uganda (TIU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Transparency International Uganda (TIU) is a national chapter of Transparency International - The global coalition against corruption. It is a registered nongovernmental organization working to create change towards a Uganda free of corruption.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the full spectrum of financial and management accounting, including regulatory reporting for Transparency International Uganda. The incumbent will manage the Organization's financial, policies and oversee all financial, functions including accounting, control systems, budget, credit, insurance, taxes and internal capacity enhancement partners in accordance with TIU Finance and accounting policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the development, supervision and coordination of the implementation of organizational financial systems, policies, practices, procedures and ensure compliance and effective work practices
- Lead and facilitate capacity enhancement of staff and CSOs/Community partners on matters of financial reporting to ensure timely completion of key financial plans, processes and compliance to contract management obligations
- Manage the preparation of financial reports to stakeholders of the network in line with FP and accounting standards evaluation and use of funds
- Provide leadership in developing clear and realistic funding plans, budgets and forecasts in prospective projects to achieve the organization's strategic goals
- Enforce control of income and expenditure and general financial administration of TIU
- Build and maintain regular links and strengthen established networks with key Financial Institutions, and Finance Departments of Donor and local partners
- Identify finance-related knowledge needs for the TIU, coordinate the generation, storage and access to finance-related knowledge in line with the TIU's Strategy
- Continually review work practices and procedures for better operational efficiency and potential issues in accounts, financial processes and controls and proactively raise management attention to act and resolve
- Identify and communicate major funding gaps and recommend appropriate remedial action.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce or any related qualification. Masters in Business Administration and professional Accountant qualification like ACCA, CPA, CIMA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of financial experience at Senior Management level three of which must be from a recognized Non Government Organization.
- Previous exposure and experience in the design, implementation and monitoring systems of financial management, controls and accounting systems and experience in producing budgets and financial reports for use by management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office programmes and knowledge of computerized accounting systems preferably Navision or similar packages
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Facilitation skill is an advantage
- Adheres to TIU’s values, which are: Transparency, Integrity and Accountability.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their cover letters, Curriculum Vita, copies of academic credentials and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indication the position applied for in the subject line. Hard copies should be addressed and delivered to;
Transparency International Uganda,
Plot 3 Martyrs Lane Ntinda,
P.O. Box 24335 Kampala
Deadline: 23rd August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline