Job Title: Senior Advisor II, Health Systems
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ipas is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortions. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care; including counseling and contraception to prevent unintended pregnancies.
Job Summary: The Senior Advisor II, Health Systems provides technical leadership and supports country programs focusing on the areas of Health systems, community development and advocacy particularly in stigma reeducation, midwifery, comprehensive abortion care including contraception, health system provider/site performance, and Ipas training efforts. The position shares knowledge on technical innovation, lessons learned, and best practices across regional/country teams, technical staff and externally. The position works to ensure that teams are implementing quality and sound health systems activities that are in line with the Ipas organizational strategies, standards and goals. The incumbent works closely with the Africa Alliance team , Regional Support Team (RST) members and global units (as needed) to design project strategies, plan for implementation and monitor progress.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent coordinates design, planning, budgeting and monitoring , and controlling of project
- Plans and coordinates the production of internal and donor reports
- Works collaboratively and build partnerships with Government, MOH, CBOs and other like-minded organisations
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the projects
- In charge of managing communications with all stakeholders in Uganda
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates the development of trainings and workshops on high-quality comprehensive abortion care including contraceptive services
- Ensure supportive supervision and program mentoring to program sites and providers; In accordance to organizational guidance and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates site selection, baseline assessments, and pre-training workshop plans for selected in-country sites
- Develops (with support from external consultants) a process to monitor and follow-up with the implementation of comprehensive abortion care including contraceptives in selected sites.
- Provides technical input to link research program, development of regulations, approval and implementation of regulations, protocols, and standards and guidelines related to the implementation of the comprehensive abortion care model.
- Prepare and submit reports on training events and other program activities to document project progress
- Keenly monitor project progress, including progress toward donor deliverables and targets, and identify and strategize with relevant teams (and Management Team members when applicable) to address challenges and implement solutions against country, project , or project budget
- Represent Ipas at local, regional, or national meetings as requested by unit staff
- Oversees work of and provides supervision to select country office employees
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in public health and other relevant management degree
- Bachelor's degree in public health, medicine & 12+ years of relevant experience or Advanced degree & 10+ years of relevant experience required, international experience preferred
- Experience working with Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) projects
- Experience in leading projects or programmes in Uganda
- Management training or experience
- Eight (8) or more years of program management experience
- Previous experience working in a clinical environment
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Prior experience in facilitating training and mentoring
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under strict project deadlines and milestones
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Must be able to independently produce project workplans, timelines and budgets, subject to supervisor approval
- Must have the ability to work with differing community populations including adolescents and women’s groups, especially in the areas of communication and training
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join Ipas in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 12th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline