Job Title: Security Manager
Organisation: Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited is one of the largest sterile injectable pharmaceutical companies in East Africa, with a market presence in Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, DR Congo, Burundi and Rwanda. We primarily manufacture and market products across multiple markets, and therapeutic segments. A significant majority of these products are generic drugs that are capable of being directly injected into the human body and are used predominantly in the treatment of critical illnesses. Our product range also includes various therapeutic segments, including ophthalmology, optic and nasal. We offer eye, ear and nasal drops in plastic bottles of 10ml. We also offer our intravenous infusion range with Nipple Head, produced by BFS Technology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrols assigned areas on foot, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons or safety/fire hazards.
- Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual or suspicious circumstances to the Human Resource manager for correction or follow- up actions.
- Checks doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to the Human Resource manager.
- Supports any other persons on the premises needing directions or information.
- Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what actions to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Supervision of Security Guards.
- Provide training to security guards.
- Perform any other duties that management will allocate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Advanced Level Certificate. A qualification in warehousing is an added advantage. The applicant must have undergone cadet training. Training in fire fighting and industrial safety is an added advantage.
- At least two to three years of related work experience.
- High energy, balanced personality, self discipline and drive, conceptualization and innovative thinking.
- Proactive mindset, self driven, self starter and with good organizational skills
- Good team player
- Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill in observing situations and decision making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with public.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com (Kindly indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email)
Deadline: 6th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline