Job Title: Sector Manager-Oil & Gas
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18564
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Sector Manager-Oil & Gas will define and execute strategic client plans that will ensure the development of strong business relationships and the delivery of profitable and integrated Stanbic Bank products and services (transactional and liability products, and global markets, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenue, risk optimisation and consistent service. The incumbent will also define the desired financial performance for the Sector and provide leadership, guidance and support to the staff involved in order to achieve the set financial targets Leverage industry relationships to achieve high levels of client service, business targets and revenue opportunities across PBB.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the development and execution of strategic client plans (together with the relationship management team) and manages and drives the implementation of client plans through the commercial and enterprise relationship managers
· Supports the client relationship manager to discuss current and future business opportunities with clients, and therefore positions Stanbic Bank as a strategic advisor.
· Continuously researches and analyses the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance
· Set and drive the achievement of sector(s) specific financial targets, such as, revenue, ROEs, etc. and achieve the budgeted profitability
· Drives the on strategy acquisition of clients and ensures a complete and successful handover into the applicable relationship management team
· Develop a strategic plan to clearly articulate the opportunity, the sub-sectors to focus on as well as the measures of success of the plan.
· With the support of the marketing team implements sales and marketing best practices in support of the customer value proposition and customer expectations
· Develops strategies and tactics to grow market share by identifying opportunities to acquire customers in high potential sectors in collaboration with internal business partners
· Develops critical relationships with key decision makers in the sector and regularly defines and communicates commercial opportunities for new and existing clients of the bank
· Together with the client relationship managers develops and aligns detailed client marketing plans (with inputs from the Global Markets, Transaction Product Services, Segments and Channels)
· Develops in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal and external stakeholders
· Maintain detailed and current understanding of the industry (at a macro-global level, specific regional or local issues and key clients) to ensure that new opportunities for the Bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
· Build the relationships’ team knowledge and understanding of the sector to ensure the depth of the client engagement is improved.
· Facilitates the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps identified.
· Steer the development of innovative solutions tailored to the sector(s) needs which will allow the Bank to meet the sector(s) business requirements working with the products team and payments &collections team.
· Drives and owns annual budgets together with segment and product houses and monitors actual performance against budget, drive product cross-sell and client profitability.
· Manages overall client cost and revenue through monthly tracking of revenue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threats of reducing opportunity.
· Keenly analyses, identifies and develops the sector Eco-system plan and associated Sector Universal Bank plan.
· Carry out sector and sub-sector ROE (vs. prior year and budget) analysis
· In charge of the analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
· Ensure effective regular contact with existing and potential customers with an aim to developing a pipeline of customers within Public Sector.
· Regularly review the pricing concessions on an annual basis and make recommendations for changes and adjustments.
· Actively participate in the credit decisions on behalf of all portfolios in the Sector. Support the relationship managers in preparation and presentation of credit motivations with specific sector knowledge and input.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Sector Manager-Oil & Gas job opportunity must hold a Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or related field.
· Possession of a Post graduate qualifications such as MBA or related post graduate diplomas are an added advantage.
· High Financial acumen, Business acumen and Conceptual Thinking
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline