Job Title: Research Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Planning and Strategy
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Research Officer Reports will carry out research, planning and documentation of activities to enable NIRA achieve its mandate and goals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning and coordinating the initiation of research study protocol, and establishment of operating policies and procedures in line with in the Authority’s overall policy framework.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of research, data collection and documentation activities within the Authority.
- Acts as the primary point of contact and acts as the principal operational liaison on behalf of the Manager planning and strategy for all research related issues
- The incumbent provides a monthly technical brief on the status of the operations maintains and runs the research data base.
- Plans research programmes in areas that are pertinent to NIRA and ensures implementation of such programmes
- The incumbent also compiles and analyses data as may be required
- The Research Officer writes papers, reports and research summaries for internal and external audiences as appropriate
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Planning and Research or other authorized party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Research Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Economics, planning or development studies from a recognized institution
- Possession of a Post Graduate Qualification in a relevant field would be added advantage
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization.
- Computer literacy especially Basic skills in computer office applications and specialized computer programme in project planning
- Excellent analytical (quantitative and qualitative) and report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline