Job Title: Registry Officer/Supervisor
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Registration and Operations- Head Quarters
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Registry Officer/Supervisor will take full responsibility and accountability of the Registry and related processes and procedures with the aim of delivering an efficient and incident free Registry service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder keeps all official NIRA documents pertaining to registration and operations
- Ensures that client records are kept confidentially and used only for official use
- Ensures completeness of all client records and advises management on good retention procedures
- Keenly tracks the movement of files and ensures that no record or file leaves the registry without proper authorization
- Ensures registry processes and procedures are followed strictly to avoid damage or loss of documents or other related risks
- Guides management about the adequacy of client records policy or any gaps thereof in order to up-to date it in line with the evolving laws and regulations and the needs of the organization
- The Registry Officer/Supervisor maintains up-to date files for all clients containing all client related documents
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Registration and Operations- Head Quarters
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Registry Officer/Supervisor job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Library and Information Science, records or archive management or other related field from a recognized University
- At least three (3) years’ relevant working experience in a reputable public or private organization.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline