Job Title: Regional Performance Management Advisor
Organisation: Initiatives Inc
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
About Initiatives Inc:
Initiatives Inc. is an international public health development organization that is committed to improving access to quality primary health care for people in underserved communities. Our technical and management support enables organizations and communities to link, coordinate, and deliver health services with the goal of providing solutions for better health.
Job Summary: The Regional Performance Management Advisor will lead the district management capacity strengthening, including improving oversight and systems for health service quality improvement. Under the supervision of the project Clinical Technical Director, the Performance Management Advisor is an integral part of a team that will strengthen Ugandan government counterparts in the area of performance management for quality health programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for district capacity assessment, planning and capacity development support related to health systems and service management.
- Support project initiatives to improve the administrative, managerial, and operational capacity of DHOs and facilities including leadership, planning, human resources management, information management, financial management and service management.
- Guide the identification and strengthening of performance standards and processes related to service delivery quality improvement in health facilities.
- Support the development and/or dissemination of tools and training materials for improving management systems and institutionalizing and operationalizing quality improvement systems and processes.
- Lead district health systems strengthening staff to carry out project workplans and provide high-quality, timely, support to District Health Offices related to performance management.
- As a member of the project management team, contribute to the development of project work plans and collection of monitoring and evaluation data for reporting on outcomes and activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s or other advanced degree in business administration, public health or related field;
- At least eight years of professional experience in health systems strengthening, performance management and quality improvement;
- At least five years of professional experience as a senior member of a project management team;
- Financial management and administration experience in the national health system;
- Proven experience supporting District Health Offices to strengthen management and service delivery support;
- Strong competency in project planning, management and implementation;
- Professional competency spoken and written English and fluency in Luo;
- Excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have management and staff supervision experience;
- The applicant must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
- Experience with USAID and donor projects is highly desirable.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who desire to join Initiatives Inc. in the aforementioned capacity should send cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline