Job Title: Public Relations Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Public Relations & Corporate Affairs
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Public Relations Officer will offer support in building, maintaining and managing the reputation of NIRA to the public.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of the public relations strategy and plans for the NIRA
- Develops materials for implementing the public relations strategies and plans
- Prepares work plans and budgets for public education activities
- Builds and sustains a harmonious working relationship with the media, collating and analyzing media coverage
- Writes and edits in-house magazines, speeches, articles and annual reports
- Develops, designs and produces public education and communication strategies in line with the departmental mandate
- Prepares and/or supervises the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs and multimedia programmes etc
- Offers support in the organization of Authority events to ensure adequate publicity
- Complies with and supports the implementation of the client care standards in all NIRA offices and or service centers
- Receives client complaints, counters negative publicity and keeps management informed as appropriate
- The incumbent organizes and facilitates meetings of visiting delegations to NIRA and with partners
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, PR & Corporate Affairs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Public Relations Officer job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Mass Communication or Social Sciences from a recognized University
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Public Relations would be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Good public relations, lobbying and advocacy skills
- Good writing and editorial skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- IT Literate/ Computer skills
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline