Job Title: Project Officer - Inclusive WASH
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Officer - Inclusive WASH will, in general, coordinate and supervise all the activities which require specific civil engineering knowledge (in particular water and sanitation engineering) and also act as line Manager for Hygiene and Sanitation Assistants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess needs for WASH interventions (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene facilities) at community level including Public schools and Health facilities
- Prepare or revise bill of quantities and construction plans related to the construction works and also participate in design of infrastructure and procurement processes.
- Supervise the execution of the WASH works directly and provide technical guidance and expertise to the Hygiene Promotion Team.
- The incumbent will mentor and supervise Hygiene Promoters to ensure participation of beneficiaries in designs, and maintenance of infrastructure is adhered to according to the humanitarian guidelines and standards.
- Support fundraising initiatives through proposal development and manage an up to date WASH project level or WVU initiated data base to be used as reference in writing new projects.
- Prepare and submit reports to the WASH Project Manager and Regional WASH Engineer using the appropriate templates as per request and schedule.
- Network/partner with district, UN bodies and other stakeholders to ensure standards, regulations and procedures are adhered to in line with the SPHERE standard and donor requirements
- In charge of data collection, accurate record keeping and management of information to measure progress and impact of project in line with the guiding humanitarian standards and as required by the WASH Cluster.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Project Officer - Inclusive WASH employee should hold a university Degree in Water/Civil Engineering or related qualification.
- A minimum of three years of previous experience implementing WASH in emergency.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP
- Excellent computer skills (particularly Office package, GIS, Database management, Software for water -networks designing) are mandatory
- Stress-resilient and able to cope with deadlines and complex problems
- Skills in community mobilization and Team Management are critical
- Valid motorcycle riding permit with a clean riding record will also be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Archi CAD, and GPS mapping software is added advantage.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline