Job Title: Project Manager
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Improved Adherence to Good Hygiene and Sanitation Practices in Kamdini and Oyam project activities are implemented in a timely, result based and quality manner to fulfill the cluster’s mandate of delivering child wellbeing outcomes in accordance with donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will coordinate and motivate a team of field staff ensuring they are working according to activity plans derived from the Project’s approved documents.
· Build and maintain close working relationship with relevant district officials to ensure the project is in line with district and town board plans.
· Coordinated and mobilize project partners such as Health Unit in charges, school heads, town Agents and DHI to implement project activities
· Steer the procurement of project related items to ensure timely, procurement and distribution of project items to the right beneficiaries.
· Regularly monitor and report on field based activities ( through monthly and quarterly report) and budgets ensuring they are within the bounds of the proposal document and to the required guidelines and regulations
· Ensure that management and monitoring information is fed back to project management to aid objective decision making for improved project delivery
· Manage the staff care and wellbeing of the Project staff
· Manage the performance of Project staff against responsibilities to ensure the team meets the requirements.
· In charge of fundraising for the project through proposal writing and identification donors and support of ADPs to include WASH in their programming
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Project Manager should hold a bachelor’s degree in Water and Sanitation engineering, Public Health or any other closely related technical field.
· At least three years’ experience in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene implementation and M&E
· Competent written and analytic skills.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and counseling skills
· Broad knowledge of WASH sector policies and guidelines
· Working knowledge in water, hygiene and sanitation participatory methodologies like PHAST, CLTS, Sanitation Marketing, Behavior Change Communication and other related innovative hygiene and sanitation approaches that are necessary for the promotion of hygiene and sanitation interventions at scale
· Previous experience and skills in networking with other NGOs, government partners, and local community-based organizations.
· A strong awareness of the importance of integration of water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion into other development thematic areas like health, HIV & AIDS, education, environment protection, household economic security, child protection and people living with disabilities
· Ability to build effective teams, promote coordination and collaboration
· Hold a Valid driving permit with clean driving record will also be an added advantage.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline