Job Title: Project Manager - Inclusive WASH
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Response Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Manager - Inclusive WASH will provide overall management and technical back stopping on Water, sanitation and hygiene in the project area and networking with various stakeholders including UN Agencies to achieve World Vision’s child wellbeing out comes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage quality project implementation, including proper data capturing using World Vision International approved data tracking systems or simple project level data capturing tools able to demonstrate project impact while ensuring all controls are in place.
- Responsible for networking and stakeholder engagement: Coordinate and liaise with partners including donors, UN agencies and government through Coordination meetings and other related forums as a basis of fronting WVU WASH agendas.
- Actively participate in fund raising initiatives through proposal writing and other avenues
- Compile and submit internal and external reports as per the stipulated Organizational and donor requirements using the right templates to the donors, Response Manager and WASH Programme Manager.
- Manage project assets and ensure proper project budget management to avoid both over and under expenditure.
- Appraise all staffs reporting directly to the WASH Project Manager position
- Offer technical support to the M&E team and Regional Coordinator in documenting good practices and other key learning areas on WASH.
- Build the capacity of the Project team on WASH implementation with a major focus on hygiene and sanitation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Project Manager - Inclusive WASH employee should hold a Master’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Health or related disciplines from a recognized University
- At least five years of previous exposure and experience in implementing health, and WASH related activities preferably with an NGO
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Computer skills and ability to write technical reports and proposals
- Broad understanding and knowledge of WASH sector policies and guidelines
- Broad knowledge and understanding of water, hygiene and sanitation participatory methodologies like PHAST, CLTS, Sanitation Marketing, Behavior Change Communication and other related innovative hygiene and sanitation approaches that are necessary for the promotion of hygiene and sanitation interventions at scale
- Previous experience and skills in networking with other NGOs, government partners, and local community-based organizations.
- A strong awareness of the importance of integration of water supply, sanitation and hygiene promotion into other development thematic areas like health, HIV & AIDS, education, environment protection, household economic security, child protection and people living with disabilities
- Ability to build effective teams, promote coordination and collaboration
- Hold a valid driving permit with clean driving record will also be an added advantage.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline