Organisation: ActionAid Uganda (AAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will coordinate shrinking Civic & political space project in line with the project document and organizational strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to the Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy Manager in convening and conducting planning and implementation of the project.
- Develop all necessary plans (Annual/quarterly, Disbursement, Procurement, Communication…) and continuously update the implementation plan for the SPS project.
- Draft TORs, concept notes, activity summary, contracts and initiate other document development as per the request of the Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy Manager
- Identify opportunities for external relationships and collaboration in pursuit of the SPS project objectives.
- Oversee the implementation of SPS project activities, plans and budgets, ensuring their compliance with key stakeholders (UN, AA DK etc) MoUs and procedures
- Prepare for the due date quarterly and annual project reports that include regular tracking of progress towards the achievement of outputs.
- Manage the implementation of the project activities by implementing partners.
- Support AAI federation members and their coalitions in implementing advocacy initiatives including research identification, and strategizing for expanding, creating and pushing back on shrinking space.
- Lead in collecting data from participating analyzing and compiling a report on shrinking space in collaboration with the working group.
- Keenly monitor and report the achievement of programme results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators in the performance measurement framework.
- Regularly monitor and provide analysis for the federation on civic space developments and the political economy context in project priority countries and their implications for AAI’s development programme, particularly in programme planning and implementation.
- Actively contribute to the development of the knowledge hub and propose plans to enrich the SPS Working Group and partners.
- Contribute to the establishment of an active online platform for discussions and sharing of information on new development on shrinking space.
- Build database of relevant technical resources on SPS that are relevant to the project and participating partners/CPs, including guidelines, training resources, policies and plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Action Aid International vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in governance, political science, international relations, law, Human Rights or other relevant fields.
- At least three to five years of capacity building experience in governance work, coalition building and issues advancement through advocacy within civil society.
- Good project planning and management skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Campaign planning, advocacy and execution skills
- Public policy formulation and analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability working as an activist.
- Good negotiation and good interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in facilitating/training teams
- Previous experience in applied research and campaign methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of the socio, political and economic situation in East and Southern regions is vital
- Critical writing and oral communication
- Computer literacy i.e. Good knowledge of Microsoft programmes (Word, excel, MS outlook
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline