Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organisation: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Project Name: The Oil Seeds Project
Duty Station: Iganga, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
Send a Cow (SAC) was founded in the UK in 1988 to help transform lives, by helping African families and orphans to grow enough food to eat, sell their produce and develop small businesses that last. They have provided livestock, seeds, training and ongoing support, to help over a million lives and their families that live in abject poverty. The Send a Cow Group currently constitutes Country Programmes in seven African countries plus the UK and USA, together with a Group Executive which is based in the UK.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will ensure the successful delivery of The Oil Seeds Project through the management of project staff (particularly extension workers), building relationships with Farmer Groups, Project Partners and District Authorities (Namutumba, Mayuge and Kaliro) and management ofinformation flow to enable management of budgets, plans and donor contracts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee the implementation of the project activities. For the delegated area of operation, coordinate all programme interventions and monitor progress and impact in the project. Compile and submit project and programme financial and narrative reports in a timely manner. Ensure that all stakeholders meet and review progress at regular intervals to ensure project and donor budgets, work-plans and outcomes are on target.
- Guide the planning and implementation of:
- Market information gathering and marketing;
- Preparation of group business and action plans.
- Technical support to value chain actors to establish and strengthen business linkages;
- Ensure data collection, analysis and reporting among others.
- Administrative and financial management of project resources for effective implementation of the project activities.
- Overall coordination of the project implementing team. Ensure that Farmer Groups are fully engaged in the development of plans, monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare and submit reports to your supervisor for onward submission to VODP2 project management unit on implementation progress.
- Build and manage relationships with line government ministries and local governments and participate in networks. Ensure good networking and collaboration relationships with government and other development partners in the project area.
- Participate in programme/project evaluations/assessments.
- Assist the Programme Manager in the design of implementation plans for efficient and effective delivery of the project in line with the SAC vision and mission, understanding the implications to the funding budget.
- Provide information as required to ensure effective management of donor contract against plan, budget and logframe, timely delivery of reports.
- Approve project funds requests and accountability for the area of operation in accordance with project standards and budgets.
- Timely update of shared databases.
- Take part in the recruitment and selection of project staff and project extension workers. Supervise, mentor, coach and motivate staff in line with the SACU human resource policy and development programme objectives.
- Oversight of trainings in accordance with project plans (to include volunteers, peer farmers, finance etc).
- Establish and develop good working relationship between SAC and the development groups in the project areas, confirming in an MOU; regularly monitor and assess the growth of the groups in line with SAC group development guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals as required.
- Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Agricultural Science. Possession of a Masters level qualification in the relevant field is desired
- A minimum of five years in a management position.
- Significant field and community development work experience
- Knowledge in extension services delivery
- Previous exposure and experience of preparing, monitoring and managing budgets and work plans
- Staff Management experience
- Knowledge of environmental good practice
- Previous experience in NGO work is also desired
- Prior experience in Fundraising, proposal writing and development.
- Previous experience in research and development
- Full and deep understanding of all technical aspects of the SACU programme
- Strong people management ability
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Report writing skills
- Basic Excel and Database skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong networking skills.
- Able to participate on a practical level with government and other development partners
- Ability to identify funding opportunities
- An initiator and self driven
- A team builder and developer
- A good eye for detail
- A team player and flexible
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Applicants should also have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit the following documents as they apply:
- Complete SAC Application Form, download here
- Submit ‘three key achievements’ according to instructions, download here
Send the completed documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline