Job Title: Project Coordinator - FMNR
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Livelihood Specialist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will lead and coordinate the Uganda FMNR project in terms of technical support to assure quality of project deliverables, staff & community capacity building, engagement & networking all aimed at achieving well designed, integrated and sustainable FMNR Initiatives and FMNR movements. In order to successfully do so, the National Coordinator – FMNR must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others. The major responsibility of this position is to initiate and maintain the momentum of a national FMNR movement by: advocacy, partnering with other organizations, initiating training events, overseeing community planning events, monitoring, trouble shooting and following up with appropriate action activities on the ground and facilitating exchange visits, annual experience sharing conferences & reporting
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the necessary baseline data collection/desk review based on available literature, (Government documents, UN, NGOs, GC, etc.) and coming up with a position paper on deforestation, its impact on child-wellbeing, agricultural productivity and sustainability, livelihoods, soils, water and biodiversity and what needs to be done by WVU;
- Develop a 5 - year business plan on FMNR for the FMNR Uganda project with a detailed implementation plan, including mainstreaming into ADP activities and creating a Ugandan movement;
- Develop an FMNR scale up Strategy for WVU including communications and networking;
- Review of TORs for Assessments/ Baselines/ Evaluations and relevant reports;
- Work in close collaboration with Design, Monitoring and Evaluation team, ensure proper assessments, baselines, monitoring and evaluation of all FMNR projects are done and that all the M & E findings/ recommendations are incorporated in the subsequent project designs;
- Actively participate in quality review and capacity building meetings;
- Participate in the annual program planning and budgeting review exercises;
- Prepare and submit timely, accurate, compliant and quality report to support offices and donors.
Program Growth and Development:
- Where required, develop comprehensive grant project proposals for funding. Support in ensuring quality (re)-design for FMNR projects, AOPs, proposals and concepts as per LEAP guidelines and other standards;
- Facilitate ADPs/IPAs to develop high quality FMNR projects through conceptualization, innovation, development and planning of program goals and objectives;
- Work with Program Development team to contact bilateral and muti-lateral government donors (e.g. USAID, DFID, EU AusAID etc., World Bank, Global fund) for resource acquisition for multi-year and multi sectorial FMNR programs;
Capacity Building for Quality Programming:
- Create awareness to staff at all levels (NO, Sub-Branches and ADPs) and other partners on FMNR and related issues;
- Ensure field staff are trained and equipped and monitor and follow up with appropriate action, their work to ensure progress
- Build staff, community and organizational capacity in quality FMNR programming and re-sourcing with potential donors;
- Provide training and promotion of FMNR by organizing conferences, workshops & field visits, in collaboration with other agencies (e.g. NAADS, ICRAF, etc.) and targeting not only WV ADPs, but inform and engage other NGOs working in the sector.
Engagement and Networking:
- Overall be the point of contact for consultation on issues to do with FMNR and related issues
- Work in liaison with the Partnership department to establish, strengthen and develop contacts and relationships with the government line ministries (e.g. NAADS, forest, water and environmental services) and institutes (Universities, agricultural and forestry teaching and research institutes), UN Agencies, (ICRAF, WFP, FAO) and NGOs dealing with food security, environment and Climate Issues to identify areas of possible collaboration, funding, information and technology sharing;
- Initiate national level advocacy for policies favorable to spread of FMNR. Reach government decision makers, academic institutions and implementing Departments on the seriousness of the deforestation problem and the urgent need for reforestation action, creating awareness on efficacy and benefits of FMNR together with WV Uganda Advocacy team.
- Build and maintain linkages with other organization who have similar advocacy initiatives.
Visibility, Documentation and Learning:
- Work in liaison with the Communication Department in the production of high quality and professional reports, press releases and updates for submission to donors, WVA, Learning Centre, partners etc., spreading the news about FMNR widely and for marketing purposes;
- Work in close collaboration with the EAR Food Security, Climate Change & Economic Development Learning Centre and Communications person, creation and distribution of training materials,
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Project Coordinator – FMNR employee should hold a university degree in Environmental Management, Forestry, Agriculture, Natural Resource Management or related discipline. A master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in a similar or related position;
- Computer literacy skills especially in data analysis programs such as SPSS, EPI Info;
- Must have a passion for Agro-forestry, sustainable land management, natural resource management, rural energy, eco-agriculture and related activities Willing to learn more on issues related to agro forestry, sustainable land management, eco-agriculture, natural resource management, rural energy, climate change and carbon markets;
- Ability to work and communicate in cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agricultural, forestry, natural resource management, rural energy and environmental organizations, business community and government officials;
- Self-motivated and ability to make decisions;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline