Job Title: Project Coordinator
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager, West Nile
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational international development agency of the Aga Khan Development Network promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. In Uganda, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in education, early childhood development, sustainable economic development and civil society strengthening. Aga Khan Foundation is implementing the ‘Promoting Youth Social and Economic Empowerment through Civil Society and Local Authorities (Youth SEECs) Project.’
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator is responsible for leading the initiative of improving Functional Adult Literacy (FAL) and employability skills of 1,500 vulnerable young women and men aged 15-30 in Koboko District through strengthening the capacity of civil society and local authorities. The incumbent will also ensure quality, impact, cost-effectiveness and overall efficiency of project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall management of "Promoting Youth Social and Economic Empowerment through Civil Society and Local Authorities (Youth SEECs) project.”
- Lead the realisation of the overall goal of the Youth SEECs project which is to equip 1,500 young women and men graduates aged 15-30 years with employability, entrepreneurship and leadership skills
- Facilitate material development for an enhanced FAL curriculum that includes self-employment, employability and life skills.
- Actively facilitate capacity development for the lead CSO, local authority and FAL instructors to support the delivery of the enhanced FAL curriculum.
- Facilitate formation of different communities of practice (CoPs) around youth as local mechanisms for introducing and sustaining the project among communities.
- Work closely with the support of the Financial Officer, lead grants management and ensure proper financial planning, managing and monitoring the programme budget.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with programme Stakeholders, in particular the private sector and business community who may provide opportunities for apprenticeship during the students training.
- With the support of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, facilitate the monitoring and evaluation activities and provide regular feedback tracking progress against the work plan and implementation schedules ensuring measurement of achievements towards project goals.
- Provide technical and supervisory support to Youth SEECs project staff.
- Facilitate the execution of the research assessment and document project activities and impact in the district/region
- Work closely with the Communication Officer support the dissemination of project learning through publication of studies and reports according to AKF procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education or relevant field.
- Possession of a postgraduate training/Advanced degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- At least two to three years’ experience in youth programming including proven experience in private sector relating to youth livelihoods, employment and life skills with reputable organisations.
- At least two to three years’ experience in project management.
- Previous experience supporting youth placements and/o r apprenticeship programmes.
- Previous experience working in and/or engaging the private sector.
- Previous experience working in CoPs, FAL and/or participatory approach is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees addressed to Human Resource & Admin Manager, Aga Khan Foundation (Uganda) via e-mail to:
email@example.com. Please mention the title of the position being applied for.
Deadline: 12th August 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline