Job Title: Project Assistant (Health Promotion)
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Uganda
Job Grade: G-5
Reports to: National Migration Health Coordinator
Ref: SVN: 01/08/016
The International Organization for Migration (IOM), established in 1951, is the leading international intergovernmental organization dealing with migration. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant (Health Promotion) will be responsible for providing administrative support to the day-to-day functioning of the migration health promotion programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the Migration Health Program Coordinator and the team in the overall implementation of the day-to-day activities of the migration health promotion program.
· Offer administrative and programmatic support to the Implementing Partners to enable them to effectively and efficiently implement migration health program interventions.
· Offer support in the implementation of activities within the JUPSA in Uganda, and additional projects in close collaboration with partner agencies and cluster leads.
· Offer support in verifying that the program work-plans are followed and set goals are met within the time-frame and budgets, in coordination with the Supervisor.
· Actively participate in coordination meetings on behalf of IOM at local and national levels, in coordination with the Supervisor.
· Report regularly to the Migration Health Program Coordinator on any issues relating to the smooth implementation of the program. This includes drafting of program summaries and reports as may be required.
· Establish and maintain accurate and complete records of all programmatic reports, equipment and supplies received, stored and distributed to implementing partners and service points.
· Works closely with colleagues, including the PHAMESA Public Information officer, and provide support to the promotion of JUPSA activities in Uganda, including press releases ,quarterly reporting, website content, and drafting research reports;
· Undertake duty travels, as necessary.
· Perform any other duty within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the International Organization for Migration IOM Project Assistant (Health Promotion) job placement should hold a High School Degree/ Certificate with five years of relevant experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Public Health with three years of relevant experience.
· At least five years (three years for applicants with Bachelor’s Degree) experience working with public and civil society sectors (national, regional and international organisations) and familiar with the national and subnational health care systems.
· Previous experience in migration health, reproductive health and HIV programming with implementing partners.
· Broad knowledge of migration health policies, strategies and experience in implementing MARPs interventions in the Karamoja sub-region.
· Ability to engage national and district level partners.
· Prior experience in project proposal writing and grants management.
· Languages: English (fluent). Working knowledge of other UN language is an added advantage
· Accountability-Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies; Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs; Monitors own work to correct errors
· Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders; Effectively interfaces with government officials of appropriate level on matters related to substantive migration issues and the work of IOM
· Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others; Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills; Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
· Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience; Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
· Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services; Actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services ; Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
· Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; Convinces others to share resources
· Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; Identifies risks and makes contingency plans; Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals; Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members
· Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter; Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context; Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
· Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation; Contributes to, and follows team objectives; Seeks input and feedback from others
· Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
· Develops and drives the implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives impacting IOM at all levels;
· Anticipates and understands internal and external issues and opportunities that may impact the human resources landscape of IOM.
· Adapts best Human Resources practices to the requirements of IOM to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) should send their resumes and three professional references attached as one PDF document electronically via E-mail to: email@example.com. Please clearly include the REFERENCE NUMBER and POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 8th September 2016