Job Title: Program Specialist – Capacity Building
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU), formerly the International HIV/AIDS Alliance Uganda, is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was registered in 2010. It works in partnership with other Community based Organizations (CBOs)/ local NGOs to support community action on integrated Sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS in Uganda. CHAU is an affiliate and accredited to International HIV/AIDS Alliance as its Linking Organization. This partnership facilitates CHAU to engage and collaborate with IHAA’s global network which includes over 40 independent organizations spread across the world. CHAU through its global strategic partnerships, is able learn from and adapt international best practices and experiences to the local context in the areas of organizational development, capacity building, community systems strengthening, Advocacy and quality service delivery.
Job Summary: The Program Specialist – Capacity Building will provide programming & technical leadership on all CHAU capacity building initiatives in liaison with other programs specialists and in line with instructions from the Head of Programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in program operational planning and implementation processes in line with CHAU strategy
- Build and maintain effective professional business relationships with various training service providers, consultants and the different levels of the organization
- Take lead in the development of proposals for resource mobilization for Organization development and Capacity Building for CHAU
- Research, compile and share on a periodic basis, opportunities for training/capacity building for IPs, Staff development and scholarships in line with CHAU’s goals
- Coordinate the development, monitor and report on the implementation of CHAU capacity building tools / programs in line with organizational guidelines
- Build the capacity of staff and implementing partners to enable them implement capacity building initiatives and projects better.
- Adopt/develop capacity building implementation models that are context specific to different CHAU Implementing partners
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Community Psychology, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Reproductive health or any related field.
- Possession of a Masters’ Degree in public health, Development Studies, Gender Studies, Social Sciences is a requirement
- A minimum of four years or more of relevant experience in organizational development, capacity building and programme development from a reputable organization
- Familiarity with civil society advocacy work in Uganda
- Knowledge of reproductive health issues
- Experience in gender programming
- Familiar with the implementation of capacity building Programs and monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the HIV/AIDS sector is an added advantage
- Knowledge of current policies and laws related to reproductive health and HIV/ AIDS is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of project planning and management
- Budgeting skills
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Integration of Reproductive health into other programs
- Skilled in capacity building for youths who are the target group and implementing partners.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline