Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU), formerly the International HIV/AIDS Alliance Uganda, is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was registered in 2010. It works in partnership with other Community based Organizations (CBOs)/ local NGOs to support community action on integrated Sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS in Uganda. CHAU is an affiliate and accredited to International HIV/AIDS Alliance as its Linking Organization. This partnership facilitates CHAU to engage and collaborate with IHAA’s global network which includes over 40 independent organizations spread across the world. CHAU through its global strategic partnerships, is able learn from and adapt international best practices and experiences to the local context in the areas of organizational development, capacity building, community systems strengthening, Advocacy and quality service delivery.
Job Summary: The Program Specialist – Behavior Change Communication & Community Engagement will manage and provide insight in communication and community engagements activities in the organizations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in program operational planning and implementation processes in line with CHAU strategy
- Provide guidance and support on the different mobilization strategies, & periodic meetings
- Carry out trainings for peer educators
- Participate and contribute towards resource mobilization for CHAU programs
- Actively contribute to the Development of BCC materials
- In charge of messaging, branding , visibility of organization programs
- Documentation of the best practices
- Develop internal publications
- Drive corporate strategy
- Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in communication, Community Education, Marketing or any relevant degree.
- Masters Degree in Journalism, Project management, Public Relations, Communications Required.
- A minimum of four years or more of relevant experience from a reputable organization
- Broad knowledge of Community participation
- Familiar with the implementation of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health Programs.
- Current policies and laws related to reproductive health and HIV AIDS.
- Good knowledge of project planning and management
- Good budgeting skills
- Mobile and Web content/ Social media management
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of designing various communication messages
- TOT for trainings to various categories of people
- Capacity building for youths who are the target group and implementing partners.
- Good report writing skills
- Good communications skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Time management and coordination skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good knowledge on the use of the computer accounting packages.
- Ability to interact with people of different backgrounds and cultures
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline