Job Title: Program Officer-Public Private Partnership and Market Access (Vegetable Oil Development Project)
Organisation: Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000)
Project Name: Vegetable Oil Development Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations and the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Thematic Co-ordinator in planning, budgeting and reporting
- The incumbent will strengthen the capacity of farmer based organizations (FBOs) in organisational management and leadership / Farmer Institutional Development
- Guide development of viable commodity business plans among FBOs
- Strengthen the savings and loan schemes (VSLAs) among FBOs
- The incumbent will link Farmers/FBOs /processors/ small & medium enterprises (SMEs) to finance institutions and markets
- Keenly monitor and document volume and value of commodities traded by Commodity Associations (CAs) and FBOs
- Collect, establish, maintain and manage the database on public private partnerships (PPP)
- Ensure regular communication/coordination and exchange of experiences between Farmers/ FBO and key actors along the vegetable oils value chains.
- Perform any other related duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc in Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Rural Development or any other related field;
- At least five years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral, analytical, writing and presentational skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder working environments.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter, a CV with names of three professional referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
P.O. Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline