Job Title: Program Officer
Organization: National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU)
Duty Station: Uganda
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU) is an indigenous women –led Disable Peoples Organization. It is an umbrella Organization that was formed in 1999 with the overall purpose of bringing together all categories of girls and women with disabilities including the physically, sensory and mentally impaired women.
NUWODU is planning to implement 3 year project of Promoting inclusive participation and Livelihoods for women and girls with Disabilities in Busoga Region. The project will be implemented in four districts of Kamuli, Luuka, Buyende and Kaliro.
Job Summary: The Program Officer will be responsible for overall coordination and implementation of the project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will be in charge of day to day management of all project activities.
· Timely implementation and reporting of all activities. Compile and submit quality activity reports, progress reports and all necessary reports in a timely and effective manner.
· Ensure quality across intervention.
· Manage the initiation and completion of work plans and Budget
· Carry out capacity building and training on Gender, Human Rights and Disability.
· The Job Holder will have to adhere to NUWODU’s policies and donor guidelines effectively and efficiently.
· Work closely and strengthen the relationship of NUWODU with District Leadership and other stakeholders in the region to deliver broader goal of the project.
· Strengthen coordination with partners, CSOs, Government and Stakeholders to address issues concerning Girls and Women with Disabilities that may arise during the implementation
· Advocate for the inclusion of women and girls with disabilities in development programs including linking them to actively benefit and participate for example Government Operation Wealth Creation, Women entrepreneurship grant and others.
· Actively participate in district activities to represent the organization
· Monitor and evaluate the progress of the project, document results, best practices and lessons learnt from the project to inform further intervention.
· Actively participate in Mobilization of Resources for the Organization
· Develop training manuals and communications materials
· Mentor, supervise and support the Program Assistants to deliver quality intervention.
· Work closely with the Partner Organization to deliver the results of the intervention.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Program Officer must possess Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields; Development Studies, Social Work and Administration, Social Science, Adult and Community Psychology, Gender and Community Development, Disability studies and other related Humanities from reputable Institutions.
· Possession of Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development studies and Gender and Disability Studies is an added advantage.
· A minimum of four years’ experience in project management and Implementation, Report Writing, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization.
· The applicant must have held supervisory position of staff under his/her department
· Knowledgeable in Gender and Disability issues
· Previous experience in working with women and persons with disabilities
· Able to deliver results effectively with minimum supervision, ability and willingness to learn.
· Skills in Monitoring and Evaluation and is able to document results, lessons and best practices out of interventions
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent track record in financial management, accountability and reporting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a motivation letter and detailed 2-3 page Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees addressed and submitted by hand or via email to the address below:
Chairperson Personnel Committee,
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda
Plot 62, Ntinda Road Kampala -Next to Capital Shoppers Mall
P.O Box 24891Kampala- Uganda.
OR send via email to: email@example.com
NOTE: NUWODU is an equal opportunity organization, and qualified women and girls with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 6th September 2016 by 5:00Pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline