Job Title: Program Officer-Crop Production Enhancement
Organisation: Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000)
Project Name: Vegetable Oil Development Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Sasakawa Global 2000-Uganda (SAA/SG2000) is a non-profit non-governmental international organization that promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for smallholder farmers in Uganda in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations and the private sector.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in planning country crop extension activities of the organization.
- Take part in the selection of project sites for implementation of planned activities, in collaboration with the District Agricultural Offices and technical staff of SG200
- Plan, organize, coordinate and conduct appropriate training for SMSs/extension agents and farmers at appropriate time,
- Follow up project activities by making regular field visits to project sites to provide technical guidance and advice to the extension field staff on time and collect data and produce field reports
- Assist to collect, establish, maintain and manage the database of Crop Production Extension activities
- Perform any other related duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BSc in Agriculture or Agriculture extension or in any other related field.
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with oil crops value chain will be added advantage
- Excellent oral, analytical, writing and presentational skills;
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-stakeholder working environments.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter, a CV with names of three professional referees and scanned copies of relevant academic credentials to:
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Africa Association-Uganda
Ruth Towers, Plot 15A Clement Hill Road
P.O. Box 6987, Kampala-Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline