Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will support the Head of Procurement and Senior Procurement Officer in carrying out the Procurement function of the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Officer invites potential suppliers for bidding and participates in pre-qualification evaluation exercises
- Actively participates in preparation, issue and receipt of bid documents
- Attends to procurement inquiries from potential and actual suppliers
- Works closely with stores to receive supplies ascertain that what is delivered corresponds with specifications the bid and offer documents or samples provided.
- Works in liaison with the Finance department to ensure that suppliers are paid for actual goods/services delivered
- Liaises with the Legal Officer in preparation of procurement contracts to ensure that legal details are not overlooked
- Liaises with Finance and Administration department to prepare schedules for motor vehicle and other assets insurance as well as worker men’s Compensation policy in line with NIRA Policy
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Procurement Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Procurement Officer career placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Procurement, Commerce or Business Administration with specialization in purchasing and supplies or any other relevant field from a recognized University
- Membership of a relevant and recognized professional body such as Institute of Procurement Professionals of Uganda (IPPU) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS)
- A minimum of three years of experience in procurement operations in a reputable public or private organization
- Computer literacy and proficiency in financial and purchasing software systems
- Strategic, conceptual thinking and analytical skills
- Impeccable level of integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline