Job Title: Principal Property Management Officer
Organisation: Uganda Railways Corporation (URC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Civil Engineer
Uganda Railways Corporation (URC) is a body corporate established under an Act of Parliament to construct, operate and maintain railway, marine and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods. As a result of privatisation of operations, the mandate of URC changed from that of an operator to that of asset holder, concession monitor and advisor on railway technical matters.
Job Summary: The Principal Property Management Officer is primarily responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the Corporation’s Property Section by managing and implementing the Corporation’s Property Strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the Property Strategy in liaison with the Chief Civil Engineer.
- Effectively lead and manage the Property Team to achieve the Property Strategy and individual, team and corporate objectives.
- Efficiently manage the Property Portfolio of the Corporation including:
o Maximising revenues, minimising costs and actively seeking new opportunities for raising additional revenues from the Property Portfolio.
o Active participation in the GOU strategy of re/development of government properties. This will be done in accordance with the Corporation’s Property Strategy and any statutory requirements such as the Public Private Partnership Act.
- Effectively manage all risks arising from the Corporation’s existing Property Portfolio by providing timely advice and taking action where appropriate.
- Ensure the Corporation’s statutory responsibilities relating to property, are properly managed.
- The jobholder will also ensure the proper and efficient management of issues and contracts relating to property and historic liabilities, including valuations, covenants, external consultants, litigation etc.
- Ensure compliance with and contribute to the improvement of operational and team processes and procedures.
- Offer support in the preparation and execution of the Team’s budgets and financial records.
- Develops others – uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help subordinates develop their capabilities.
- Identify opportunities and implement change leading to team development, system improvement and good value for money.
- Maintain and develop positive stakeholder relationships in order to promote the Corporation and assist it to meet its objectives.
- Perform any further reasonable requests from the Chief Civil Engineer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Quantity Surveying, Land Economics, Land Management, Building Economics, Estate Management, or a related field.
- Possession of a Post Graduate or Professional Qualification in Real Estate, Project or Facilities Management will be an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience in a property management work environment preferably in a government agency or authority.
- Eight years’ experience in a private sector organization in large scale Private – Public Property development plus demonstrable work with government or sponsored projects will also be acceptable.
- Development of major Property management master Plans will be an added advantage
- Structuring of large multi –stakeholder projects including financial stream packaging, asset and facility management.
- Strategic planning knowledge
- Project Planning and Management skills
- Good complex negotiation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Able to prepare and give presentations to executives, the public and top levels of management
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize a high volume and detailed workload
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- Skilled leadership and team player
- Broader knowledge and awareness of the property market
- Able to conduct and facilitate meetings
- Training in: Facilities Management, Public Private Partnerships, AutoCAD software, Arch CAD software, Short law courses, Refresher management courses, Project Planning and Management
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications accompanied with a current CV clearly stating current position and responsibilities, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials and complete addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees and their e-mail addresses to the address indicated below;
Office of the Managing Director,
Plot 57, Nasser Road,
P.O Box 7150, Kampala.
Deadline: 29th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline