Job Title: Premier Relationship Manager - 90089802
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Premier Relationship Manager will build and grow relationships with Barclays Premier customers, and growing the customer base through targeted sales efforts and the delivery of impeccable service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Experience and Capability
- Achieve agreed sales targets for new accounts, assets and liabilities, through a proactive calling programme to a base of up to 250 clients.
- Conduct a detailed needs analysis for all existing and potential customers to determine their products needs. The product suite includes all Premier life products in addition to offshore banking and investments.
- Carry out financial planning for customers in order to play a pro-active role in increasing their wealth.
- Create customer proposals based on the needs analysis and follow through the sales process.
- Manage own calling programme, including identifying names to call on in a particular month and setting up the meetings.
- On a monthly basis, compile a report on the calling programme for the month and personal sales progress against the targets as agreed. Present the report to the Head of Premier banking
Market Knowledge and Innovation
Relationship Building: -25%
- Manage and grow existing banking relationship with top 40 customers in the Premier proposition to increase BBU share of wallet.
- Establish new banking relationships with high net worth customers who may include senior management of different corporate companies, local political figures and well-known business people.
- When interacting with customers, identify potential opportunities to present the bank’s Premier Life offering and ensure that leads are passed on to the Premier Life team.
- Continuously monitor the utilization of credit facilities and investment avenues. Identify and resolve under-utilization by contacting customers to determine the reasons and escalating issues if any.
- Conduct regular customer visits in order to build long-term relationships.
Strategy and Business Planning
Customer Service: 15%
- Keenly monitor operational delivery of customer requirements, summarise systemic failures and raise to the Head of Premier banking for further follow-up at CMC level where necessary.
- Log and create written responses to customer complaints.
- Obtain summaries of complaints and complaint trend analysis from the Service Manager on a monthly basis. Follow up with selected customers to determine if their complaints were handled satisfactorily.
Risk, Governance and Regulatory
Rigour and Risk Requirements-15%
- Conduct risk analysis on the portfolio of customers including financial statements and their current product set held with Barclays Bank.
- Submit proposals to Retail Risk for new loan applications including motivating interest rates based on the risk profile at the time.
- Check and signoff each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and bank account mandate change. Premier Relationship Managers are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorised and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to management in Operations.
- Comply with general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Premier Relationship Manager job opportunity should preferably hold a Finance-related degree
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an account manager in a large financial institution
- In-depth knowledge of the full Barclays Retail product set, including international banking.
- Understanding of Barclays Retail strategy, operating structure and interface with other functions
- Good understanding of Risk and Credit policies and procedures
- Detailed working knowledge of KYC and AML requirements and processes
- An understanding of people policies and procedures
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- Proven networking and social skills
- Coaching and training skills
- Business Management/Financial Management
- Proven sales ability
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and presentation
- Good time management skills
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Good PC skills
- Good numeric & analytical skills
- Proven team working skills
- Fraud prevention skills
- Excellent listening skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline