Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Planning and Strategy
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Policy Analysis / Planning & Development Officer will pro-actively participate as part of the team to develop plans, policies, and resources to ensure the achievement of the NIRA Strategy and overall mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent facilitates and documents strategic and annual planning processes for NIRA
- Develops a statistical unit capable of collecting and analyzing trends in NIRA’s various lines of business and to supply accurate statistics as when required
- The jobholder develops and maintains a planning mechanism to give direction to the effective implementation of the NIRA Strategy
- Actively participates in the strategic planning and other business planning activities
- The incumbent coordinates development of annual and quarterly NIRA work plans and budgets with Heads of Directorates and departments.
- Regularly responds to policy enquiries
- Provides relevant policy advice and information supported by evidence based data and consults with key stakeholders
- Keenly reviews existing policies and recommends them for improvement
- The incumbent researches, consults and documents quality Policy
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Planning and Research or other authorized party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Policy Analysis / Planning & Development Officer job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Statistics, Business Administration, Commerce or other related field from a recognized University
- Possession of a Post graduate qualifications in related fields would be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a planning or policy role within the Public Service, private sector or similar organization
- Excellent analytical skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and business planning principles
- IT literacy and Computer software applications skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good presentation skills including power point presentation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline