Job Title: Pharmacist
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Pharmacy
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Pharmacist is mainly responsible for preparing drugs, give counsel on drugs to JCRC’s research and non- research patients and provides information on drugs to Doctors, other health care team and non- health care professionals at JCRC. The incumbent will process the importation of drugs; do inventory management of drugs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will dispense drugs and counsel research and non-research patients on drugs.
· Process the importation of the drugs for the clinical trials.
· Conduct inventory management of drugs i.e. forecasting and monitoring of the drug stocks in order to avoid overstocking and stock outs.
· Process and organize the destruction of returned/ expired drugs with National Drug Authority.
· The jobholder will prepare standard operating procedures (SOP) for the pharmacy operations.
· Supervise and coordinate of the pharmacy Technicians to ensure efficient pharmacy operations.
· The incumbent will correspond with the sponsors of the clinical trials and Site principal investigators about study drugs related issues (Legal & operational locally here in Uganda).
· Actively participate in different planning meetings for the organization where the pharmacist’s in-put is required.
· Perform any other duty assigned by the head of pharmacy or any other departmental head.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a degree in Pharmacy from a recognized University.
· Must be registered with the pharmacy Council of Uganda.
· At least three years’ experience preferably in an HIV&AIDS treatment or research organization.
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously as part of a team with other staff and other stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills, for building and maintaining good relationships with fellow staff, patients and other stake holders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either via post to: Manager Human Resource and Development Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101, Lubowa Hill, Entebbe road P.O. Box 10005, Kampala or via email with all documents combined in one PDF document on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday, 5th September 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline