Job Title: Operations Manager
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. A GHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Operations Manager will plan, direct, coordinate and put in place policies for the smooth operation of the Foundation. The operations manager will be responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and the Foundation’s operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the organization’s mission.
· Actively participate in monthly and quarterly budget formulation and carry out assessments and forecasts of organizations’ financial performance against the budget, financial and operational goals.
· The jobholder will manage and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of support services in all departments.
· Direct monthly and annual budgeting and planning process for the organization’s budget.
· Play a focal role in long term financial planning including an initiative geared to operational excellence.
· Drive an initiative to the management team and organization that contribute to long term operational excellence. Implement and manage operational plans.
· Manage build, maintain and strengthen productive relationships with all stakeholders, vendors, suppliers and all service providers etc.
· Organize and run monthly regular organization operations meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Operations Manager career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics or any other related field, Masters in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of five years’ experience working in operations with a reputable organization.
· Broad knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management.
· Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
· Working knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices.
· Broad knowledge of human resource principles and practices.
· Working knowledge of project management principles and practices.
· Good Information technology skills.
· Ability to meet required deadlines
· Previous experience in book keeping
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Budget development experience and skills
· A collaborative management style
· Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of nonprofit status.
· Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to email@example.com including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts).
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline