Job Title: Occupational Health & Safety Officer
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Support & Administration
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency.
Job Summary: The Occupational Health & Safety Officer will provide expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture and will also be responsible for effectively implementing Occupational Safety and Health practices within the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the company observes an appropriate Occupational Health & Safety Environment in line with OSHA requirements.
· Provide professional advice and support to managers and staff in the identification of health risks arising from work activity and issues at work that affect health and wellbeing.
· The incumbent will ensure that the UTL Health & Safety Policies are adhered to by all staff and non-staff in UTL premises at all times and raise any concerns regarding their operation, or any other Health & Safety matters with the appropriate line manager.
· Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all occupational Health & Safety legislations and any developments that affect the business.
· Identify, plan and implement appropriate interventions and advise on fitness for work as required.
· Conduct risk assessments and initiate mitigation measures across the business.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Health & Environment Management or related field.
· Possession of a diploma in a Health & Safety related field e.g. NEBOSH
· Qualification in Project Management is an added advantage
· At least three years’ experience in managing Health and Safety in a big Organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer,
Human Resources & Administration Office,
3rd Floor, Telephone House,
P.O. Box 7171, Kampala. Uganda
OR E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline