Job Title: Teller
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Officer
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank's regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Teller will be charged with receiving cash and checking deposits and make cash disbursements over the counter to clients on a day-to-day basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all cash handling procedures are followed to secure safety of client’s money and efficiency in operations.
- Provides over the counter advice on handling and completion of relevant bank documentation by clients.
- Provides over the counter advice, marketing and encouragement for all of UGAFODE products and increased client use of accounts.
- In charge of processing savings’ deposits, withdrawals, loan disbursements, loan collections and other miscellaneous collections such as, time deposit transactions, and payment of utility bills.
- Reviews technical completeness and alterations of cash deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Prepares cash transfer slips for cash requisition and cash transfer.
- Accounts and declares in the appropriate bank forms all financial transactions including cash handled during the day; reports and declares teller shortages/overages, and surrenders all the cash/money received over the counter to the Branch Manager for custody.
- Balances end of day deposit and withdrawal transactions.
- Prepares teller’s proof sheet, schedule of daily transaction and report of outstanding balances of accounts including accomplishing error correction sheet, when necessary.
- Prepares appropriate vouchers/entries for authorisation by the Branch Manager/Branch Cashier for posting.
- Acts as the secondary custodian of the main vault, cash vault and records vault.
- Responsible for the safety of the cash box and its contents under his/her custody maintaining the aggregate cash limit of teller’s box and cash on hand at any given time.
- The Teller is the first point of contact for cash transactions; therefore does the necessary anti money laundering checks to abet fraud.
- Alerts the Head teller of any easy signs of possible fraud by staff or clients.
- Develops and recommends quality improvement processes for the tellering section.
- Displays a high level of standard of cleanliness, courtesy and discipline in dealing with clients as a measure of public relations.
- Markets bank products and services through cross selling and referrals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Teller job must hold a Degree in a business related field.
- Excellent secretarial and word processing skills, and advanced typing speed
- Good spoken and written English, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to speak Lugisu/Lumasaba will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably quailed and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and an up to date detailed a CV, certified copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates. Your applications should include names of three professional referees and a day time telephone contact. Send them to:
Head of Human Resources,
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI),
Silva Arcade, Plot 62 Bombo Road,
P.O. Box 30815, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline