Job Title: Food Monitoring Officer
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Food and Monitoring Officer will be Monitoring Community Based Supplementary Feeding Programme (CBSFP) and Maternal and Child Health Nutrition Programme (MCHN) food utilization at health facilities and community for the new Yumbe Office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly submit activity reports on a weekly and monthly basis including corporate partner distribution/food utilization (CPDR) reports
- Co-ordinate the supply of CBSFP and MCHN food at all distribution points
- Monitor CBSFP and MCHN food stores and ensure that the food commodities are stacked in an organized manner. In addition, ensure good storage conditions for all food items (NFIs such as pallets are present in the food stores)
- Identify and propose training needs of store keepers and food distribution assistants
- In liaison with nutrition officers, submit timely food requests to the APM for verification and ensure that food is received and delivered at the different distribution sites
- Update stock cards regularly and ensure that the food tracking registers as well as waybills are well documented/filled and archived according to ACF standards
- Assist to investigate losses where necessary and document findings and submit reports on the losses to the APM and a copy to stock file
- Prepare weekly summary reports of daily food transaction/consumption indicating the number of children, pregnant and lactating mothers registered and fed
- Report differences observed between waybills, physically count figures of commodities received. In addition, document the type, quantity, condition of commodities received from warehouse
- Based on distribution plan, report any delays that would cause inconvenience to the feeding process and beneficiaries
- Actively engage in post distribution monitoring (PDM) assessments
- Ensure that beneficiary listings are as accurate as possible and ensure that beneficiaries are aware of their rations
- Oversee the distribution of the food to the beneficiaries. Beneficiaries must sign or thumb print against their names on the beneficiary lists as proof that they received their food rations
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by his/her supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Food Science or Nutrition or any related field. Experience in record management is an added advantage.
- This position requires a mature candidate, a self starter, loyal, transparent with dedication and ability to work with less or no supervision. Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
- Possess good computer skills in applications including MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to work for long period of time in demanding conditions.
- Candidates must also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risky areas
- Commendable respect for human dignity and humanitarian principles and/or values
- Possession of a valid riding permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: email@example.com mentioning “Food Monitoring Officer-SFP YUMBE” in the subject line.
Deadline: 8th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline