Job Title: Child Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Child Sponsorship and Systems Assistant
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Child Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant will effectively manage Child Sponsorship Correspondences at the Cluster Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Processing Sponsor Correspondences:
- Process incoming sponsor correspondences to children on a daily basis before dispatch to ADPs within the approved procedures (Softcopy Batch sheets sent to ADPs in time)
- Sort, record World Vision staff mails enclosed in sponsor mails and submit to Office Assistants for distribution.
- Provide to National Office, and ADP/Cluster synthesised and analysed daily and weekly tracking reports on sponsor mails and parcels.
- Ensure accountability for children’s gift items by the Regions by recording and submitting Money Orders and cheques enclosed to Child Sponsorship Operations Coordinator
- Keenly monitor and track compliance with Sponsorship standards on sponsor mails.
- Keep documentation of damaged sponsor mails/parcels and return to sender mails for reference and trend analysis purposes.
- Analyse ADPs stepwise correspondence reports and share an analysis of their adherence to correspondence standards and business procedures with CSOC
- Entry on correspondence records in step database
- Enter Sponsor mails records into SingleSTEP in time.
- Ensure the security of Sponsor addresses during mail processing activities.
- Systematically do a child protection quality check for all correspondences to ensure that correspondence materials and contents do not negatively affect the holistic growth and development of children
Reporting: Prepare and submit to Child Sponsorship Operations Coordinator, timely monthly synthesized and analysed Child Sponsorship Correspondences reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Child Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant employee should hold a Diploma in business/statistics/IT or related field from a recognized university.
- Qualifications in networking, information systems, and databases will be an added advantage.
- Critical thinking/questioning, self-drive and innovative
- Proven IT knowledge, skill and experience in database management.
- Must be a team player and team builder.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Ability and willingness to work for longer hours, when the situation so demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline