Job Title: Network Administrator
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Recommends and implements ICT strategy and policies in line with the ministry strategy, vision and objectives.
· Plans, designs, maps, the network and security architecture and systems for the group.
· Manages the administration and maintenance of network infrastructure for the group.
· The jobholder evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of the current networks architecture against possible alternatives
· Ensures backup and recovery policies and strategies around Network systems are in place and reviewed regularly
· The incumbent manages, evaluates and ensures security concerns for the organisation are addressed, e.g. firewall configuration, internal and external penetration testing and user access controls for network based services.
· Manages, monitors and reviews the relationships with service providers, particularly ISPs, and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained
· Actively participates in contract negotiations and management of various service level agreements within pre-agreed limits
· Participates in planning, budgeting and reporting on behalf of the IT department.
· Ensures that line staff and interns are performing according to industry certified best practices,
· their job descriptions, department work plans and are appraised regularly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Network Administrator vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or Electrical engineering. Possession of a Postgraduate/Master’s degree in relevant subjects would be an added advantage
· A minimum of five years working experience in a recognized organisation/company.
· Membership of the ICT Association of Uganda.
· One year of IT leadership experience
· Previous experience with Microsoft based Networks will be an added advantage
· Proven experience in project management and Knowledge of budgeting, Financial planning and management reporting
· Well organised, effective time keeper, attention to detail and a high level of commitment to accuracy
· Knowledge of Linux Firewalls and Routing protocols
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Network Administrator - Candidate - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline