Job Title: National Sales Manager
Organisation: Kiboko Enterprises Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kiboko Enterprises is the fastest-growing distributor of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and consumer durables (CD) in Uganda. Trading in consumer goods and services is a key component and industry in Uganda’s economy. As distributors of FMCG and CD, we aim to use our expertise and experience developed over the last 20 years in catering for market demand. Our business has grown at a rapid pace and continues to do so, with the growth of the country¡¦s population and export potential to neighboring countries. With our well-honed logistics capability, hardworking staff and business principles, we are to sustain and accelerate our growth by responding to market and customer demand promptly and efficiently.
The company is headquartered in Uganda, Kampala and has operational offices across East Africa, in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.
Job Summary: The National Sales Manager will ensure that the sales goals of the company across all its regions are achieved. The incumbent will be developing an effective strategy for marketing; and coordinating with other sales executives of the company. He/she will also ensure the successful performance and profit generation of the company by overseeing teams of zonal sales managers. He / She as often as possible, will meet with the zonal sales managers and the sales team to reviews their performance, and sends the report to the head of department. The NSM will be in charge of establishing sales goals, analyzing several forms of data and also create targets and ensure that they are met in addition to maintaining and recruiting sales staff for the company by orienting and putting them through the required training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating and developing programs for national sales and ensure its implementation. This can be done by developing action plans for field sales
- Ensure the successful achievement of the company¡¦s sales goals across all its regions
- Support HR department in developing JDs the sales team, setting and defining KPIs for the team.
- Ensure sales volume is at its maximum, maintaining product mix, and selling price
- Oversee company’s sales performance at national & regional levels
- Develop effective sales strategy and ensure its timely implementation
- Schedule occasional meeting with zonal sales managers and the entire sales team i.e. TSI’s, Van sales reps etc.
- Keep current with demand and supply of company¡¦s products/services, economic indicators, changing trends and its competitors
- Monitor cost in relation to prevailing competition, and if necessary adjust the price of selling
- Monitor and give appraisal to the activities of zonal sales managers
- Keenly review professional publications where necessary
- Establish personal networks across all regions
- Actively participate in professional societies to gain more markets
- Recruit and train sales employees for effective delivery to our new & existing customers
- Participate in market strategy building by providing useful information from sales activities
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel (sales staff) toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of sales and clinical education staff.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare, delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Partner with the Manager Corporate and Strategic Accounts in the development of key customer relationship management.
- Negotiate purchase agreements with the assistance of Hospital Account Managers.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in business related field (Master’s degree will be added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a senior position or similar position in an FMCG industry (Foods, Beverage & Consumer Durables)
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships within teams, whether internally or externally
- Possess effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT skills; ability to use the computer and business related applications specifically ERP
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce result
- Ability to be flexible
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Visionary individual
- Demonstrated ability to retain high performing team of sales personnel
- Ability to meet up with targets
- Ability to be proactive and plan effectively
- Management skills; ability to get people moving towards a specific task
- Enthusiastic and passionate of the work
- Must possess time management skills, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with a team
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess people skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks
- Strategy development and project management skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs either via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com (Please kindly indicate “National Sales Manager” in the subject line of your email)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline