Job Title: Motor Workshop Engineer
Organization: IMK Business Consultants (IMK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT.
Job Summary: The Motor Workshop Engineer / Team Leader will oversee all operations within the workshop.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure staff are trained to enable high levels of quality and efficiency.
- Ensure jobs are fairly and correctly allocated to technicians.
- Supervise tests to ensure correct use of equipment and document security.
- Ensure all job sheets are correctly written up and forwarded to the cost office for pricing.
- Ensure customers’ property is secure.
- Ensure all materials and parts drawn from the parts department are accounted for.
- Ensure all equipment and documentation is accounted for.
- Ensure all warranty work, documentation and material are accounted for.
- The incumbent will ensure progress of jobs through the workshop.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are observed and maintained at all time.
- The jobholder will also circulate new and up-to-date manuals and literature for new vehicles or techniques.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- The applicant should at least have three years’ experience in dealer workshop
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to supervise a labor force.
- Proven ability to assess and report on staff performance.
- The ability to discuss and negotiate agreeable solution to customer problems.
- The ability to maintain technical knowledge and skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Age: Below 35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com Please specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
Deadline: 29th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline