Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Advisor
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: National Technical Director
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About SS4RI Project:
JSI received funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to support an immunization project in Uganda called Stronger Systems for Routine Immunization (SS4RI). The project works in partnership with the Ugandan government to increase the capabilities of the health system, particularly at district level, to provide timely, high-quality immunization services to protect eligible children and women from vaccine-preventable diseases. SS4RI will operate from 2014 to 2019 in ten districts as well as support the national level of the Ministry of Health Uganda National Expanded Programme on Immunization (MOH/UNEPI).
Job Summary: The Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Advisor will contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of interventions that lead to sustainable improvements in routine immunization coverage in selected districts of Uganda. He/She will work closely with SS4RI technical team, regional hubs, district health teams and other officials, community leaders, and other immunization partners to improve the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of routine immunization services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage program documentation (qualitative and quantitative) following program guidelines
· Actively contribute to the development of, and advocacy for related program indicators
· Work in liaison with the Chief of Party (COP) and National Technical director (NTD), take the lead in developing and updating the results framework, tracker and internal ME&L plan
· Take leadership in the development of monitoring databases and support its use
· Support data management, including advising on data collection, processing, analysis, and reporting
· Ensure appropriate performance indicators are followed
· Develop a culture of improving the quality, feedback, and strategic use of data to strengthen immunization activities, develop scopes of work as needed to support the work
· Work in close consultation with other project staff, generate reports needed for the project management and evaluation and submit to the COP according to provided time schedule
· Disseminate lessons learned to support continuous learning and improvement
· Perform any other assignments given by the supervisor(s).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or Bachelors in Statistics a diploma/qualification in M&E or program planning/management a plus
· A minimum of five years’ experience working in handling datasets using statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, EPI-data, etc.
· Ability to coordinate a broad spectrum of Uganda partners in health and immunization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter, CV, copies of their testimonials and at least two referees, addressed to The Chief of Party, JSI/SS4RI Project, P.O. Box 4978, Kampala, or hand delivery to Maternal and Child Survival Project, Plot 95-97 Martyrs Way, Ntinda, Kampala. Uganda.
E-mail your Applications to: email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline