Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will regularly monitor UCDA’s programme implementation and establish programme relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation plans clearly prescribing indicators to be monitored and evaluated, source of data, and frequency of data collection and monitoring and evaluation roles,
- The incumbent will design appropriate survey instruments and data collection forms for Monitoring and Evaluation of the Authority’s activities,
- Carry out surveys to establish the impact of the Authority’s outputs overtime,
- Plan and conduct regular monitoring of programmes to ensure achievement of set targets and outputs
- Establish and maintain baseline data on the various initiatives undertaken by the Authority for Monitoring and Evaluation purposes,
- Significantly contribute to strategies and programs to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation capacity of UCDA departments / Directorates,
- Promote learning, feedback, and knowledge sharing on achievements and lessons learned among the UCDA officials and stakeholders,
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on activity implementation and submit them to the Directorate Head for review and guidance,
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences and Development Studies
- Possession of a post graduate diploma in M&E will be added advantage
- At least three years’ relevant working experience in a monitoring and evaluation field
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong networking skills,
- Good planning and budgeting skills
- Good report writing skills
- Good presentation skills,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Interested applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 22nd August 2016 (by 17.00 hrs. Local Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline