Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC)
Project Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Officer
The East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC) is a regional intergovernmental organization set up in 1974 to foster cooperation that will lead to the strengthening of health care programmes in the region and promote the attainment of the highest possible standards of health among member states. The Member States of the ECSA Health Community are Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Global Fund Project is a 4-year project that commenced in November 2015 to support National TB Reference Laboratories in 18 countries namely: Botswana, Burundi, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe to improve TB diagnosis in the ECSA Region. ECSA-HC is coordinating and facilitating the project as a Principal Recipient while Uganda Supra National Reference Laboratory (SRL) is the Sub-recipient and implementer of the project.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the ECSA Health Community Global Fund Project (GF).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics in line with GF guidelines and requirements
· The incumbent will ensure that data related to the stated goals, objectives and activities of the project are captured using appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) methods, including any performed operational research to meet ECSA-HC and GF requirements.
· Actively participate in the design of M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems for the project
· Ensure that sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing performance analysis and programmatic action based on data and identified needs.
· Take lead of technical assessments for the project
· Provide overall coordination and oversight for the implementation of project M&E systems to ensure timely and quality information on project performance indicators.
· Prepare timely project progress reports on the status of performance indicators included in the results framework and implementation as required by the Operations Officer.
· Organize training programs for the project implementing team at the Uganda SRL.
· Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, medical sciences or social sciences. A post graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years of relevant work experience
· Previous experience in donor funded projects is preferred.
· Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation in the health sector.
· Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English
· Age: Between 28 and 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications comprising of a cover letter expressing the candidate’s motivation for the job and current curriculum vitae with names and contact/addresses of three referees should reach the address below;
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community,
P.O. Box 1009, Arusha, Tanzania
Email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline