Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
Organization: National Organization of Peer Educators (NOPE)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
The National Organization of Peer Educators (NOPE) Uganda is an affiliate of National Organization of Peer Educators which is a regional Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. NOPE Uganda was registered on 2nd August 2013 and currently implements public health and social development programs among Inadequately Served Populations (ISPs) including Young Persons Living with HIV (YPLHIV), Youth in Schools (Including Primary Schools, Colleges and Universities), Youth Out of School, vulnerable populations including young women and girls (10-24 years), truckers and sex workers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will be tasked with compiling and submitting weekly and Monthly reports on the progress of the projects
· Raportuering during the project training activities to ensure quality and timely reports plus feedback from the participants
· Sending relevant updates on the projects through the organization’s official website, social pages and blogs as authorized
· The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant will make relevant follow-ups to ensure that data and reports are timely, authentic and relevant to the projects being implemented
· Taking reasonable care of the resources, tools and equipment used for the project assigned to him/her to prevent misuse, damage or loss
· Providing updates on the monitoring and reporting tools to the programs team for adjustments as appropriate
· In charge of documenting Lessons Learnt, Challenges and Best Practices.
· Carrying out Quality Control checks and Improvement tasks
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Community Development, Social Studies or Community Health Psychology or other relevant discipline from a recognized institution of higher learning, minimum Diploma level.
· Additional training in Project Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
· At least three years working experience in M & E setting for community based development projects
· Demonstrated aptitude and experience for effective use of internet for development communication
· Good and proven knowledge of SPSS, Epi info and other statistical computer-based applications
· Prior experience in project activities; Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting.
· Training in Adolescent Life Skills, Behavior Change Communication (BCC) and / or other HIV related Trainings e.g. Peer Education, Peer Counseling, Youth Development Studies or Community Health
· Previous exposure and experience in working in both donor-funded and non-donor funded community development projects especially for Preventive Health among youth and vulnerable populations
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Fluent in English and the Official National Languages of Uganda.
· The candidate should demonstrate maturity and courtesy, should be a team player.
· S/he should have high level of confidentiality/professionalism.
· S/he should have high level of tolerance to beneficiary community members, and ability to handle difficult moments in data collection.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their cover letters with salary expectations, curriculum vitae and contacts of three work-related referees via email to The Human Resource, National Organization of Peer Educators (NOPE) to HR@nope.or.ke.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline