Job Title: Mobile UI & UX App Designer
Organisation: Numida Technologies
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Numida Technologies is a digital financial services company based in Kampala, Uganda. Our goal is to unlock financing to the 22 million African small businesses who need it. We are building a mobile application called TrackApp that helps entrepreneurs keep track of their finances for the purpose of making evidence-based decisions. In addition, these financial track records are channeled to lending institutions in Uganda who are looking to finance small businesses, and who require real business data about prospective borrowers. We are launching a pilot with 200 small businesses in Kampala in 2016 that will test a core set of TrackApp features with our target user.
Job Summary: The Mobile UI & UX Designer will get involved in many of the processes of the Product Development cycle at Numida. The incumbent will work closely with the User’s Adoption and Engagement team and the Product Manager to understand vision for new capabilities, to understand requirements, and to reflect those in the Wireframes and Comps of the future product. Furthermore, the Designer will be working with the SCRUM team to deliver Comps, Icons, Wireframes, Prototypes while adhering to the design patterns and Android style guideline. Finally, the Designer will work with the SCRUM team to review wireframes and comps to ensure their feasibility.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have a good understanding of the Android User Interface Guidelines and past experience implementing them effectively
- Proficient with Adobe XD or similar prototyping software
- Ability to create quickly prototypes to support rapid design iteration and user testing
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique are a plus
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Proven ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and associated design tools
- Previous experience with Agile development processes, including the ability to integrate user centered design practices
- Broad knowledge and understanding of common mobile software development practices
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV, a brief motivation letter, and copy of national ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Last_Name, First_Name – UI Designer” in the email subject line. All application materials should be in English, written directly by the candidate.
Deadline: 20th August 2016 by 11:59 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline