Job Title: Meter Reading Centre Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Meter Reading Centre Manager will be tasked with planning and implementing the Umeme systems to support the Automated Meter Reading revenue protection, drive the loss agenda and enhance Customer experience among large power users
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement systems to support Automated Meter Reading data mining and analytics to support revenue protection and grow shareholder value.
· The incumbent will periodically review systems that support synchronization of core data between AMR systems and other business system (OICS, Billing system) to ensure revenue protection.
· Configure in an accurate and timely manner new AMR installations and meters onto AMR systems to enable accurate billing, security and customer service provision.
· Regularly monitor and track the resolution of all events, alerts and exceptions as raised by the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) systems to ensure revenue protection.
· Periodically diagnose and troubleshoot Automated Meter Reading installations to ensure effective communication and transmission of data from all Automated Meter Reading installations for billing & security purposes.
· The incumbent will implement the annual Maintenance plan for Automated Meter Reading Installations to ensure correct readings and security alerts are availed to protect company revenue.
· Manage and provide periodic and adhoc Automated Meter Reading business reports to users, management and third parties to enable decision making for shareholder value growth.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Umeme Meter Reading Centre Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecom Engineering or Statistics.
· Possession of a Post Graduate qualification in a Business related course is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: email@example.com. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Deadline: 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline