Job Title: Marketing Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda's most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel in Uganda is a great success story in Uganda. Our customer base has grown tremendously - so has our coverage - and our service quality is unsurpassed in the market.
Job Summary: The Marketing Director will be responsible for perceiving, developing and deploying the country-level marketing strategy for delivering revenue and ensuring a strong and well positioned product portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate marketing strategies for the country to ensure superior visibility and superior customer intimacy of the brand compared to competition. This will be in conjunction with Uganda Chief Operating Officer and Group Chief Marketing Officer.
- The incumbent will develop and implement acquisition strategies for the various sales verticals across retail and corporate businesses
- Constantly monitor all indices to ensure performance against set targets while ensuring remedial action for all under-performing initiatives completion.
- Identify opportunities and develop roadmaps for maximizing revenue from all revenue streams.
- Derive synergies across customer segments for overall revenue enhancement
- Develop and implement a marketing communication strategy that will ensure superior visibility and superior customer intimacy of the Brand.
- The incumbent will also ensure the functions objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Develop an enterprise solutions strategy that will deliver incremental revenues from corporate clients.
- Take charge of the production of regular dashboard reports and distribute to executive management with analysis of major trends.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing and management or like discipline; an MBA with focus on Marketing.
- Certifications or additional qualifications in Advertising, Business Administration, communications and management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of fifteen years working experience with seven years or more in a senior management role in FMCG industry, and at least five years in Telecoms Marketing.
- Strong people skills - Building collaborative relationships, empowering and developing people Risk taking appetite.
- Business and commercial acumen.
- Excellent understanding of corporate governance standards.
- Should thrive in challenging situations.
- Ability to network with global players.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial ability.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates are invited to send their updated CVs, academic qualifications with a day phone contact, address and an email address to – The Resourcing Team via Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
- Attach copies of all academic documents.
- Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
- We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us 2 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline