Job Title: Manager, Reconciliation
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18566
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager, Reconciliation will align Stanbic Bank’s reconciliation operations to the overall country business strategy in line with new products and new technologies. The jobholder will also supervise reconciliation operations of the Bank and ensure that transactions passed over the Bank’s accounts are reconciled correctly and timeously, in line with the control standards of the Bank. The incumbent will actively engage all critical stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient end-to-end reconciliation solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide critical input in product set up and changes with regards to accounts interface and definition of reports required to aid efficient reconciliation of Bank products; including new age products such as digital and mobile banking offerings.
· Identify, define and monitor strategic, tactical and operational performance metrics geared towards building an effective reconciliations function.
· Identify improvement opportunities and provide input for further refinements to Bank products and related processes, by considering the best possible methods and approaches so as to improve service and the customer experience, while mitigating risk.
· Supervise and coordinate all Bank reconciliation activities to ensure non-outstanding items on the Bank’s accounts, and provide timely and accurate MIS for decisions.
· Manage the investigation, follow up and clearance of all outstanding items on the Bank’s accounts, in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensure reconciliation of all inter-institutional accounts and represent the Bank in reconciliation related engagements with business partners.
· Identify, document and justify instances of irrecoverable amounts on Bank accounts and make appropriate recommendations in line with the Policy standards of the Bank.
· Regularly monitor the Bank’s suspense accounts and scrutinize movements on them.
Customer and Business Partner Relationship Management:
· Manage stakeholders and maintain key internal and external relationships to facilitate the strategic and operational success of the reconciliations function.
· Provide critical input for Service Level Agreements, and monitor and control reconciliation processes to achieve service targets and contribute to the Customer Value Proposition of the Bank
· Develop and implement initiatives to improve service and customer satisfaction ratings in the reconciliations space.
Resource Management and Operational Performance:
· Provide input for reconciliations related budgeting, and control related annual budgets to ensure cost performance.
· Maximize through-put throughout the Reconciliations area through the optimization of people, systems and processes.
· Identify and define operational performance metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by analysing the existing gaps and implementing performance solutions.
· Identify, assess the risks facing both systems and business processes and coordinate with concerned stakeholders to implement mitigation.
· Work closely with business stakeholders in ensuring that regulatory, group policy standards and minimum operating procedures are observed to minimise the Bank’s exposure to risk.
· Identify opportunities to improve reconciliation processes and procedures to provide better service.
· Actively facilitate a performance and people development culture through various engagements, mentorship and support for the Reconciliation team.
· Provide critical input in recruitments for Reconciliation so as to build a competent reconciliation team to deliver the reconciliation goals of the Bank.
· Ensure that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross product and cross function workload balancing and execution.
· Identify appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
· Up-Skill oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager, Reconciliation career opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business from a recognized University
· A minimum of five years’ experience managing reconciliations in a complex operation, ideally within the financial service or telecoms sectors.
· Any finance related experience would be added advantage.
· Broad and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the various systems used within the wider Processing, Clearing, Business areas
· Working knowledge of corporate banking and the interface between frontline service, sales and support functions
· Broad knowledge of banking transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers
· Practical knowledge of how to in-put, access and utilize information to analyze forecast trends
· Working knowledge of capacity management principles and processes
· Knowledge of cost management principles and practices.
· Knowledge of the applicable legislations
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 3rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline