Job Title: Manager, Products and Processes
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18303
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager, Products and Processes is accountable to deliver on the Bank’s strategic capability of digital banking automated core processes and accelerate the delivery of the Segment strategies through digital banking by ensuring all policies, processes procedures are aligned/customer centric.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
- Accountable to evaluate, design, build, implement and maintain best in class bank processes that enhance the customer experience leading to achievement of our desired customer experience, in partnership with RoA centre.
- Identify opportunities to harness technology to deliver increased traffic to the alternate banking channels and reduce foot traffic to the banking halls.
- Leads centres of expertise, designs and documents customer and operational workflow; and supporting end-to-end processes that are synergistic and operate in an integrated fashion, based on a comprehensive understanding of the work and work requirements in order to optimize the PBB product workflow.
- Assess operational effectiveness requirements across all distribution channels, directing the identification of change requirements and the design and development of improved processes and procedures to support the desired customer and employee experience across channels, support operational stability and integrity and meet all audit requirements.
- Assess existing process tools against changing business needs; in order to identify gaps and act as the business approval point for day-to-day process issues and clarify operating model and accountabilities with business heads.
- Drive the fundamental reengineering of our processes and business value chain
- The incumbent will support the development, documentation and monitor the project plans in the digital banking segment. The incumbent will drive the change management process in the department
- Analyses needs and challenges of diverse sales, service and operational groups to ensure that focus is targeted on those activities that drive the most fundamental change and that align to key strategic and tactical changes led by other business units.
- Engage impacted stakeholders and direct the development of decision-making protocols and design principles to ensure goals of multiple stakeholders are satisfied for processes which cross functional business units.
- Acts as a subject-matter expert regarding product, customer and operational workflow/process strategies to business units.
- Act as member of PMO leadership team and support continuous improvement of execution processes
Change Management and Innovation:
- Creates innovative capabilities that bridge mobile, social, email and web in order to provide appropriate solutions and services that are driven by consumer insight.
- Identifies potential opportunities for the bank’s digital channels.
- Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles that impact digital channels.
- Defines key business challenges and models digital, and electronic, solutions.
- Leads design thinking and ensures success of product innovation and digital initiatives based on a customer-centric approach to design (from concept to actual working application for both staff and external customers).
- Design, develop and implement a change management strategy and framework for digital banking
- Accountable to develop strategies to holistically simplify work activities across branch distribution, defining and designing standardized processes by product, channel and by touch point. Provide overall strategic direction and leadership regarding Strategic business transformations in Digital Banking
- Ensures user-centric design approaches are adopted throughout the organisation to ensure customer led design is evident and becomes part of the organisation’s DNA. (This refers to broader than digital; it is enterprise adoption of customer-centric design as opposed to applying it to digital channels only.)
- Oversees the digital ecosystem and initiatives to ensure efficient and effective planning, design and build of digital platforms and assets.
- Drives the collaboration with cross-functional teams to plan, design and build successful digital solutions
- Provides leadership and sets appropriate context and establish prescribed limits for direct reports
- Lead the establishment of a two-way working relationship with direct reports and other matrix reports to solicit their views on the working environment, potential changes affecting their work, continuous improvement opportunities, and revisions to the plan.
- Responsible for establishing and optimizing team integration by articulating the linkages between the accountabilities and authorities of different roles across the business.
- Accountable for ensuring the effective implementation of Bank initiatives and programs through the establishment of appropriate context and setting of direction for direct reports and matrix reports by providing relevant information, establishing goals, and setting limits with the context and prescribed limits of the business head.
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating, leading and managing the team.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business needs.
- Ensures the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
- Ensures skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements and ensuring that individuals are provided with the best possible development opportunities in line with these.
- Creates an environment in which learning and development are emphasised and valued.
- Takes personal responsibility for coaching and mentoring others.
- Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are seen to be ‘alive’
- Ensures the implementation of the leadership promise and employee engagement programme.
- Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster greater co-operation and teamwork.
- Monitors and manages the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes regular one-on-one feedback sessions, conducting mid-year and final performance appraisals, as well as the moderation and relative distribution of all appraisals for the team.
- Ensures staff are appropriately and consistently rewarded and recognised for their achievements and outputs.
- Ensures that disciplinary action and grievances are addressed and aligned to the Standard Bank policies and procedures.
Documentation, Training and Support:
- Document and maintain process documents up to date by incorporating methods, techniques, notations, standards and best practices derived from the business process architecture team
- Act as a process subject matter expert and prepare documentations, such as procedural and training manuals by educating business users responsible for managing and operating business processes. Provide content for the L&D team to design learning material and curriculum in the digital channels
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance. The job holder will develop measurement criteria and tools for digital banking processes; measure and report to business on process performance and offer recommendations for process improvement
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the Control Framework, establishing standards and controls and maintaining product governance and policies to ensure regulatory requirements are met and to optimize and sustain the distribution channel operations and achieve business objectives.
- Accountable to develop tools and performance metrics to identify areas of non-compliance and work with internal partners to rectify the gaps in order to deliver a consistent customer and employee experience
- Manage of all compliance processes (Institutional requirements, statutory requirements , regulatory requirements) and reporting.
- Report non-compliance and any process deviations from the vendor SLAs
- Interacting with internal and external bodies such as Risk management, Internal Audit, Legal Services regulations and other industry bodies in order to maintain a sound compliance and risk free environment in the digital banking space.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Commerce, IT or related field.
- Business Acumen: Understands the fundamental value drivers within the organization and devises goals, objectives and performance measures to increase shareholder value combined with innovative ways to mitigate or manage business risk, or proposes and/or leads initiatives that can make a dramatic impact on business unit / organization profitability. May understand process re-engineering or may create unique, high-value services to meet customer needs..
- Change Leadership: Publicly challenges the status quo by comparing it to an ideal or a vision of change; may create a sense of crisis or disequilibrium. Takes dramatic actions to reinforce or enforce the change effort. Involves being responsive to and responsible for planning evolution, causing change and transformation.
- Influence: Creates and articulates a compelling vision of the positive repercussions that will occur and benefit others from a proposal that will have a longer-term impact on an institution/project, its policies and programs. This vision is supported by credibility achieved as a result of structured contacts and interventions with the target audience. The ability to create an attributable change in the behaviours, attitudes, or beliefs of others regarding significant, complex and often contentious issues, frequently involving a commitment requiring an investment / disinvestment / change in direction.
- Risk Management: Anticipates and prepares for a specific risk that is not obvious to others. Looks at broad trends, identifies scenarios beyond the norm where applicable and develops strategies to manage risk in the current situation and in the ongoing structural elements. Involves analysing all exposures to the possibility of loss and determining how to handle these exposures through such practices as avoiding the risk, reducing the risk, retaining the risk, or transferring the risk, usually by hedging / insurance.
- Strategic Thinking: Creates new concepts or models that are not obvious to others and not learned from previous education or experience to explain situations or resolve problems. Generates and tests multiple concepts, hypotheses or possible explanations for a given situation as related to long-term performance.
- Technology Management: Subject-matter expert regarding core technology requirements and supporting technology processes, best practices in technology management. Experienced in employing tools to optimally guide and support technology deployment and optimization
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 13th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline