Job Title: Manager, Passenger Services
Organization: Rift Valley Railways (RVR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Rift Valley Railways is the region’s oldest socio-economic binding asset and currently operates a total of 2541.44 kilometers of track network linking the shores of the Indian Ocean to the agriculturally rich hinterland of the Kenya Highlands and into Kampala, Uganda on the shores of Lake Victoria in a 25-year concession agreement originally signed in 2006.
Job Summary: The Manager, Passenger Services will plan, coordinate and manage the Passenger train services. Manager day to day operations, strategic development, marketing and PR in order to ensure quality service and adherence to set industry standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Passenger service operations meet their performance and safety targets.
- Preparing reports and presenting options and recommendations to the Regulator and Management.
- Managing and supervising Staff and organizing work shift rotas
- The incumbent will play an advisory role on Policy and strategic developments
- Examining business decisions (pricing policy, level of service provision, timetable changes etc.) to assess their impact on passengers.
- Ensuring that all operations are carried out in accordance with Uganda and International laws and regulations, particularly relating to health and safety.
- Responsible for negotiating and managing contracts and developing new business opportunities whenever possible.
- Minimize disruption and resolving any unscheduled delays, having to make decisions in difficult situations.
- Meeting Passengers and customers to deal with complaints and areas of concern
- Marketing passenger services to encourage greater passenger use of particular routes and methods of transport.
- Work closely with and negotiate with different stakeholders including KCCA and other Local Council Authorities etc
- Identifying existing and possible future transport problems, developing transport models and investigating the feasibility of alternative or additional routes to be served.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Rift Valley Railways Manager, Passenger Services career opportunity must hold a bachelor’s degree in Business studies or management, logistics or transport management and planning.
- Possession of postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management, Marketing or Project planning or MBA will be an added advantage.
- At least five years of significant work experience in a customer-focused environment with at least three years at supervisory level.
- Previous experience in Rail, Bus or Airline transport sectors will be of added advantage.
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and time-management skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and application letter with copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Rift Valley Railways Uganda,
P.O. Box 7891 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline