Job Title: Manager Flight Safety Standards
Organization: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/03/2016
Reports to: Director Safety, Security & Economic Regulation
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment.
Job Summary: The Manager Flight Safety Standards will oversee the operation of Flight Safety Standards Department in the Directorate of Safety Security & Economic Regulation in accordance with the approved instructions, policies, regulations and directives to ensure safety of Civil Aviation operations in Uganda. The incumbent will ensure SARPs through the effective regulation of Flight operations, Air Worthiness and Licensing Standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input to Strategic Planning and Review
- Provides advice to the Director on all matters pertaining to Flight Safety Department.
- The jobholder organizes and prepares technical examinations and flight tests for Aircraft Airworthiness for Ugandan Airfields.
- Administers the issue and the renewal of Air Operators’ Certificate to all Ugandan Operators, premises, personnel, equipment and procedures both locally and abroad.
- Financial Management
- Flight Safety Standards operations
- Administers the issue and renewal of personnel licences, such as Pilots, licences etc, and other relevant certificates.
- The incumbent administers all flight inspections including the training of other inspectors and examiners.
- Administers the construction and amendment of instrument and flight procedures that guide aircraft landings and take-offs in Uganda’s airfields.
- Administers medical examinations of flight crew and all their tests and examinations.
- Human Resources Management
- The incumbent builds networks with and maintains regular contact with safety and regulatory departments of Civil Aviation Authorities of other countries and regions.
- Carries out any other lawful duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Director and/or Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Manager Flight Safety Standards job opportunity should hold a good Master’s degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace or Communication Engineering from a recognized University;
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience in Civil or Military Aviation with increasing responsibility, three of which should have been at managerial level;
- Broad knowledge of International Civil Aviation operating safety and airworthiness requirements and of the national regulations
- A Pilot with at least ATPL Safety Oversight Inspections and Flight Operations Inspections training and experience
- A minimum of 5000 total flying hours
- At least four years at senior supervisory level in a civil aviation organization as Principal Inspector
- A certified Flight Safety Inspector or certified Airworthiness Inspector with a minimum of 10 years working experience of which 4 years must be at a principal level.
- A relevant degree from a recognized and reputable organization will be an added advantage.
- Must be a seasoned People Manager with demonstrable prior experience and success in overseeing Staff productivity and Performance Management.
- A Flight Examiner’s Course and an Instructor’s rating will be desirable
- Computer literacy skills
- Good managerial skills
- Familiarity with ICAO SARPs.
- Age: Between 35 to 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to join the aviation industry should send their hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. BOX 5536, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline