Job Title: Legal Officer
Organisation: Uganda Tourism Board (UTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Legal Manager
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008. It’s objectives are:
· To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
· To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will provide and coordinate Legal and corporate services and offer guidance to the Board in line with The Uganda Tourism Act of 2008 and all other relevant laws.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent guides the management on all legal matters.
· Ensures timely preparation of Organization’s legal documents such as contracts, leases, loans and other agreements.
· Manages ad supervises budget preparation for the Legal Unit.
· Represents the organization in court cases as may be required.
· Supervises regular Reviews on UTB by-laws.
· Ensures safe custody of the organization’s legal documents.
· Coordinates and ensures the institutionalization of the organization prosecutor’s cases.
· Drafts and Reviews all contracts, MOUs and agreements to which UTB is a party. Conducts due diligence in all matters.
· Regularly monitors the activities of the various partners to ensure compliance with the approved Laws and MOUs in line with the Mission, Strategic Plan, relevant laws and agreements.
· Performs any other duties related to the field and as may be assigned from time to time by the Legal Manager.
Key Result Areas:
· Management advised on all legal matters.
· Timely preparation of Organization’s legal documents such as contracts, leases, loans and other agreements done.
· The budget for the legal unit prepared.
· UTB represented in court cases.
· Regular Reviews on UTB by-laws done.
· Safe custody of the organization’s legal documents done.
· All contracts to which UTB is a party reviewed and drafted
· Due diligence in all matters conducted
· Compliance with the approved Laws and MOUs in line with the Mission, Strategic Plan, relevant laws and agreements ensured
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must be in possession of an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University or Institution with a bias in Commercial Law or company Law.
· Possession of a post Graduate Diploma in Legal practice from a recognized Institution
· Must be a registered Member of the Uganda Law Society.
· A minimum of five (5) years demonstrated working experience in the field of Law, in a prominent and busy Public or Private Organization or Firm.
· At least three (3) years of Legal Practice as an advocate of the High Court of Uganda and subordinate courts.
· Broad knowledge of the Uganda Tourism Act of 2008 and other relevant laws which relate to and affect the tourism and travel trade.
· Hold a valid Legal Practicing Certificate.
· Must possess a Certificate of Enrolment for the list of advocates of the High Court of Uganda and be computer literate
· Computer literacy skills
· Ability to interpret and apply applicable laws.
· Analytical and decision making skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Good negotiation and communication skills.
· High degree of confidentiality.
· Time management.
· Team Work/player
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited apply by sending an application with detailed CVs (with email, telephone contact and postal address) plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, copy of valid identity card, contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of the three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand deliver to the address below;
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board,
Plot 42, Windsor Crescent, Kololo,
P.O. Box 7211, Kampala
Deadline: Friday, 16th September 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline